Chapter 24

Is it possible for me to hate myself this much? I really don't think so.

I've been alone for exactly one hour and seventeen minutes. Meaning, it's been over two hours since I made out with Aaron Pauley. Two hours and I've considered every possible thing to get out of this situation. But, I can't coward out. After all, I did this.

At that moment, Austin walked in. I probably didn't look my best, I was sprawled across the floor with a tear stained face. I deeply wanted to say something. Anything. But, Austin was the one to speak up first.

"He told me what you did," he said, blunt and harsly. Sitting down the bag of groceries, he looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Barley audible.

"No you're not," he stated, "you're just sorry you got caught."

I opened my mouth to interfere, but he held up his finger to signal me to shut the fuck up.

"I'm going to say what I'm going to say, then you'll have exactly five minutes to say what you want to say. There will be no interruptions." Wow, he was being sassy. But, I nodded anyway.

"Okay good, my turn," Austin started, "you're going to get your things and leave. I bought you some groceries and left you enough money to get you to the next state and stay in the cheapest motel you can find." He said, not looking me in the eye.

"I'm going to delete your number from my phone and if you text me, I will block you. I'm deleting our pictures and the things you accidentally leave behind, I'm burning." He said harshly.

"As for Aaron, I don't think he made it out of this one. I left him sputtering for breath and I pray to the god I don't believe in that he dies there. For your information, I looked him straight in the eyes every time I kicked him. He's pathetic, like you."

"If you do try to contact me in any way, I'll find you and hurt you. I don't care about your feelings anymore, since you obviously don't care about mine." I opened my mouth, but quickly closed it because I know he doesn't want interruptions.

"You have one hour to get out of here, I don't wish you the best. And as for your time to talk, it starts now."

"I'm sorry Austin it was an accident!" He laughed, but let me continue. "I was caught in the moment. Oh god, I'm so sorry."

"Is that it?" He asked. "Yeah, there's nothing else to say." I replied.

"Alright. Now, start packing. Your hour starts now."

-

It was an hour later, and like Austin had asked, everything was packed. But, I left a picture in the bathroom to see if he'd keep it. Knowing him, he'd burn it just like he said he would.

"Times up. Leave, Ashby," he said from the couch, a Millers Light in his hand. I know he'd return to old habits again.

"I love you," I said as I stood at the door.

"No you don't," he replied, "leave. Now." I quickly left.

I walked around the town for a bit. Then, I remembered Aaron.

It wasn't hard to find him considering the flashing lights at the end of the street, someone had found him.

Running to the scene, I watched as they put him into the ambulance.

"Is that one of your friends, boy?" An officer asked me.

"Somewhat, yeah."

"Oh, I'm sorry for you loss. We tried to save him, but he didn't pull through like we expected. Do you know what happened to him?"

Aaron's dead.

"N-no." I knew exactly what happened.

"Alright. Best wishes, I hope you make it through this alright."

I nodded and made my way to the bus stop.

Aaron is dead.

Austin killed Aaron.

Me and Austin broke up.

I'm alone.