Chapter 7

I want to be just friends, take it or leave it.

To know he was even thinking about me at 3:00 to even send me a text message made me strangely happy. I, Alan Ashby, ran through Austin Carlile's mind at least enough times for him to text me at 3 in the morning.

If only he knew that his preposition was impossible. I'm not good at friendships, I shouldn't have even let Austin this close, it was truly scary for someone to know about your life, when after all, it is yours. But, in this world that makes no sense and if a human gets even a clue about my life they shove there noses in it, whether they know me or not. To say that the saying "its none of your business" comes in handy, would be an understatement. It shuts them up. It's like a way of saying "go away." It works.

Oh yeah, did I mention I met Austin's girlfriend? It was totally on accident, I swear. But I can already tell she is a whore. Her squeaky voice gives it away and if Austin wasn't so blind he'd walk away before heart break caught him. But, unfortunately, Austin is blind as hell and probably doesn't even notice the gawking glares she gives to other men. Or the way she plays with her finger when someone else talks, meaning she is probably a terrible listener.

It's truly saddening to know Austin is going to get as hurt as he is. But, karma is a bitch. Although this pain I feel, I wouldn't wish on anyone. Especially Austin, theory I was once supposably in love with. It hurt now to think about it. Was I really in love? Yeah, I probably was. Even though I'm no longer in that relationship, I can't push away the feelings I once felt for the brunette. They remain in my memory.

That's when I felt the 3 consecutive vibrations in my pocket, all from Austin. I was just about to open the text when he called me.

"Alan?" He said, his voice laced with drowsiness. After all, it is 3 in the morning.

"Mhm." I could have out in more effort but his voice took me aback.

"Take it or leave it?" He asked, referring to he sent me.

"Leave it, I can't be friends with you, Carlile." I hissed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, could he be so blind?

"I shouldn't have let you in, bye."

"Alan, I love y-" I quickly hung up and chunked my phone across the room, I don't have to deal with responsibilities, it's too early. Also, I was just noticing how tired I was and how my eyes rested on the half way open phase, they couldn't go further than that. So, I laid my head down, almost falling asleep until there was a knock on the door.

I answered it, and of course, austin was there, standing in his slipknot shirt and black skinny jeans, his nose and eyes tinted red and his nose stuffed up. He had been crying. Over me? No, that couldn't be. Why would he cry over me? That's not something the famous, tough, Austin Carlile would do. But, the more we looked at each other, the more it was confirmed that I, in fact, was the reason for his seeded tears.

"Take it, ashby." His voice didn't have any remains of his previous crying session, just aggression. Scary aggression. The same aggression he would use when he used to beat me. Sadly, it made me tremble a bit. Just old memory's, I guess.

"No." I replied with, somewhat confidently. It was new, confidence. But I knew it wouldn't stay. Confidence only visits every once in a while.

"Were going to be friends, okay?" We both knew it wasn't a question, but I had to take it as one.

"No." Austin got closer to me.

"Take it or leave it."

"I'm leaving it." I was going to close the door but he slammed me to the ground before I could. Punching me everywhere. Curling into a ball, I let him hit me as hard as he pleased. He had a lot of making up to do.

3 months later and the schedule is back on. The bruises come fresh. The blood flows freely. Everything is normal again.