Chapter 14

For once, I was happy waking up by myself. I mean yeah, if Austin was here it would be 10x better, but he wasn't. And for once, I was okay with that.

The sunlight woke me up this morning, not a loud ring chanting for me to go to hell. This morning resembled a 90's show morning, all I needed way my coffee and a newspaper.

Flipping my hair, I opened the door and made my way down stais. Shocked when the smell of bacon hit my nostrils.

"Austin?" I called out, not knowing anyone else that would be making breakfast in my kitchen.

I turned my head around the corner by the last stair, beyond shocked to find my mom cooking while my dad was watching tv on our small kitchen tv. I almost cried at how familiar it was.

"Alan, you're awake!" Mom said, somewhat cheerfully.

"Uhh, yeah I am. What's going on?"

"Me and your dad have to talk to you about something, but first lets have breakfast!" She said, setting my plate on the place mat by dad.

Pulling out the chair, I sat down. Mom sat down soon after.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, moving my eggs around due to the fact that I wasn't hungry. Never really am anymore.

"Me and your dad are aware of your sexuality," She blurted out, dropping the cherry voice.

"Damn right you are, you beat me over it!"

"Language, Alan!" She out her fork down on her napkin. "We're also aware that Austin is your 'boyfriend,' am I correct?"

I scowled at the way she put air quotes around boyfriend.

"That would be correct, mother."

"Alan, this is just a phase, think about all of the girls that you could get. Alan, you're settling for less and I don't want you too. Therefore, I'm cutting of you and Austin's communications. To assure you don't talk, I've warned Mr. Carlile about it."

"YOU TALKED TO AUSTINS DAD! I can't believe you mom. The one time I get someone who loves me, you push them out of my life. You're not my mom, because if you were, you'd want me to be happy. By mother, I truly hate you."

Running upstairs, I got my bag and packed it full with everything that I needed, ignoring the knocks on my door. I opened my window and threw my bag down first, then followed it down.

This was going to be the new life, the new me. I was on my own now.

-

I stopped at Austin's door, terrified to knock. There was an absence of his dad's car there, so I knew it was just him. My hand found its way to the doorbell and I rung it two times before a beaten Austin appeared at the door, throwing his arms around me. When he pulled away, I inspected the bruises on his face and how there was dried blood around his nose. After all of that, he was still attractive.

"I'm running away." We both said, at the same time.

I smiled, we were so alike.

"Where?" He asked me.

"I have no clue, we're just going to go for it."

"I brought 10,000 dollars, life savings I guess." Austin said.

My mouth hung agape.

"That much!"

"Yeah, but money goes by quick, so let's still watch what we spend."

"Of course."

I brought him into a long, passionate kiss.

"This is it, we're on our own now, darling," I said, almost crying.