Chp. 13 Safe and Sound

Dawns POV

I barely slept that night. The events of the day replayed in my head over and over. We might actually get Ricky back. When we found out his real name was Casey I refused to call him that. Fearing that if I said it out loud, it would be confirmed. That he really wasn't our brother. But he was. Right? If he wasn't then it would have been easy for him to leave. Not as hard as it had been for him. He was on the verge crying, I could see it in his eyes. Those couldn't have been fake. An act that he was keeping up to make us think he cared. A tear slipped down my cheek as I lay in bed. What if he didn't want us to bring him back?

----------Time skip brought to you by Tony Stark. ❤️💛---------------------------------------

Casey's POV

It was the morning after the triplets visited me at the orphanage. They must be in a lot of trouble. Last night after they visited I was happy but freaking out. Sure Anne and Tom were nice but the last time someone snuck out they got grounded (yup me). I was scared that I might never get out of this place. When they left I talked to Jae. She wanted to know all about how life was like in the Harper house. Now that she's met the triplets (it's still hard to say that) she wanted to be re told the stories and match name to face. I told her about the time at the mall when Dicky lost his pants. And how I got around the DNA test that Mae did on us. I had taken a piece of Nicky's hair in place for mine. If I had been the one to test it out I would have noticed the resemblance but she didn't see it. My favorite story I told her was our Hollywood adventure. I just loved reliving it. With every story, Jae's eyes grew wider and her smile grew bigger.

"Wow. That seems like an amazing life." Jae said "If they were able to get here last night, they'll find a way to get you out of here."

I frowned. As much as I wanted to be back with them, I knew how much I would miss all the kids here. I hugged Jae tightly. She was surprised but hugged back. I told her how much I would miss her. I felt her nod against my shoulder. She let go and looked at me, tears begging to leave her eyes.

The sound of a door slamming open sounded at the top of the stairs. Ms. Tilden screamed my name. I took a deep breath, knowing what was about to happen.

"Go. We'll find each other again I know it." Jae whispered

I nodded. A tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek. Had wiped it and helped me up. I walked to the stairs and waved to her. I walked up the stairs to meet Ms. Tilden in her office. It would be years until I saw her again.

I squinted from the bright sunlight shinning through the large window behind Ms. Tilden's desk. Behind the desk stood Ms. Tilden signing a piece of paper. She handed the paper to two adults across from her, who each signed the same paper. Tom and Anne! They turned around and smiled at me. I ran to them and hugged them.

"Casey, you are officially a Harper. Congratulations." I heard Ms. Tilden say

I let go of Tom and Anne to look at them.

"Really?" I asked

"Yes" Anne told me

I couldn't have been more happy. We walked out the door to Nicky, Dicky and Dawn waiting in the lobby. We embraced for what seemed like a lifetime. I felt safe with them. I knew I belonged with them as a family even if we weren't related by blood. Even if we aren't amongst the other 3,500 quadruplets in the would. That didn't matter. All that mattered was that I was finally going home.