chp.5 Finding Him

Casey's POV

When I left the house I had taken a picture from my room. (Photo above)It was a picture of me and the Harper's when we went on the trip to Hollywood. I knew I needed something to remind me of them, even though I would always remember them. Now, standing in front of the other kids, I hid the small piece of paper in my shirt, holding it against my side with my arm. Ms.Tilden asked Riley to bring me up to the boys room to stay until dinner.

Riley led me upstairs and into the narrow hallway. We didn't dare speak until safely into the boys room. I knew the twists and turns of the run down orphanage by heart, but I still looked around carefully for any sign of renovation. There were none. The house was exactly the same since I left. We got to the boys room and Riley closed the door as soon as we went in.

"Oh Casey I'm so glad your here" he exlaimed and hugged me tight
"Um is everything ok Riley?" I asked him confused
"Ms.Tilden has been ruthless to us ever since you left." He explained letting go his tight grip on me "Hopefully she'll stop now that your back."

Riley's gaze fell to the floor and he looked puzzled. I followed his eyes and saw my picture on the floor. I mentally panicked and quickly picked it up and tucking it back under my shirt.

"Hey what was that?" Riley asked
I sighed, knowing I couldn't keep that from him after he saw it. "Uh well, this is a picture of the family I was with when I left." I started, showing him the photo "Thats the Harpers."
"What are their names?"
"Nicky, Dicky and Dawn are the triplets and Anne and Tom are the parents. I got to be a quadruplet. It was amazing"
"Wow I bet."

He gave the picture back to me and we went over to the beds. There were eight in a row against the damp wall. The ceiling was only a few feet above our heads. The only light came from a small window on the far side of the room. I sat on the nearest bed and stared at the picture. We were all so happy. It had been the craziest day of our lives. Well mine at least. We had met Jack Griffo, ridden a hot air balloon, seen my favorite magician and almost got arrested. But it was all worth it. I loved spending time with them, even when me and the kids fought. I knew I could never forget them.

"Lunch is soon but you'll hear the bell. I have to go help Dylan wash the sink." Riley explained, getting up to leave "Bye!"
"Bye Riley." I said

When he left, I looked around at the room. Like I said before nothing had changed. It was the same small bedroom I've lived in for the two years I did until I left (A/N please don't tell me about the age confusion I have no idea how to fix that without making no sense). It was amazing and terrifying sat the same time.

With the photo still in my hand, I got up and walked around. The sound of the door opening caused me to turn around violently. I saw the person I dreaded most. Ms.Tilden. I tried to hide the photo behind my back but it was too late. She had seen it. As she walked in angrily, I braved myself for a hand forcibly pulling my arm to the door and out of the room. 

Hope you enjoyed my cupcakes! And like I said I have big things planned. But you might not like them as much as I do!!!!!😈