Chp. 12 Help From The Parents

(A/N This ones kinda short but at least it's an update. I'm so sorry for the long waits guys. I'm starting my freshman year of high school! Yay! But unfortunately that means I won't have so much time to update. I'll try tho! Thanks for understanding cupcakes! 😘)

Nicky's POV

We snuck out of the driveway of the orphanage and took the route home. It was easier for us because we weren't as nervous. The trip back wasn't as hard and we slipped right through it. As soon as we got home I sighed with relief. We actually did it! Dawn unlocked the door and I almost fell with shock.

"Uh mom, dad what're you doing up so late don't you have work tomorrow?" Dawn stalled "Why don't we get you to bed."

Mom put up her hand to say stop (like this if you were confused 🤚🏽) .

"Hold it." Mom said firmly. She crossed her arms and looked at us. Dad cleared his throat. We went over to the couch and sat down. Mom and Dad went on either side of the couch where we sat.

"We know where you guys went and why." Mom said "And we understand."

"No you can't ground us!" Dawn exploded, standing up "We were only trying to do the right thing you know that - wait what?"

Mom smiled and sat next to me " When your Dad and I checked on you guys and you were gone we knew where you went. And we realized that we should have tried to at least see Casey again. We understand why you left and you're not in trouble. Just be sure not to do it again."

"We won't." All three of us said in unison

"Good." Dad said "Tomorrow we will all go and see if there is anything we can do to get your brother back."

We were sent back to bed after that. Our adventure went better than I had planned it to. But that's a good thing. At least we had something to look forward to tomorrow.