Part 35

Next day

Gupta's were sitting with Raizada's in living room having their evening tea, when Payal started.

Payal(mumbling slowly): Are you sure mom that Arnav ji called you here?

Garima: Yes dear!

Anjali (whispering to Nani): I can't believe he called them here, why would he do that?

Nani: We can only wait for him to come and tell us.

Anjali: Right!

At the same time Arnav entered through the main door, after greeting every member of Gupta family, Arnav sat down calling Khushi.

Shashi: What happened ASR ? You called us urgently.

Arnav (smiling): Nothing much. I want to show something to everyone, let Khushi come. He just finished when he heard Aashi, he turned back to see Khushi descending the stairs with Aashi in her arms.

Khushi: "You're back? I'll just come with your coffee." Arnav nodded and Aashi jumped in Arnav's arms happily.

Arnav: Akash!

Akash: Yes bhai.

Arnav (handling him a CD): This is video of Payal's godbharai. Play it! I thought we will watch it together therefore I called Gupta's.

All smiled and Gupta's felt happy but Anjali felt something fishy looking at the way Arnav was glaring at them. Khushi also came with his coffee and Arnav made her sit beside him.

The video started and showed all the rituals of Payal's godbharai, all looked and smiled in happiness. After video got over Madhumati turned towards Arnav sweetly.

Madhumati: Arnav beta your idea was really great but please give me a copy of this video also.

Arnav (smiling sarcastically): Ofcourse! But with that I'll give you one more video also.

Madhumati (confused): one more? Which type of video?

Arnav: "For which I've called everyone here specially." He got up and changed the CD, this time he didn't sat back but stood beside Khushi who was sitting and looking everything confusingly.

The video started and to the disgust of all it the conversation between Aashi and Madhumati and how Aashi threatened to complain Arnav about her but soon the disgust turned into horror as the video showed how Madhumati tricked making Aashi fall from stairs.

Khushi and Payal paled looking at the video, Arnav glared at Madhumati, holding Khushi for support. Akash also supported Payal looking at Madhumati with disgust and anger.
Gupta's also looked at Madhumati shockingly, Shashi unaware that his sister could do something like that.
Raizada's just felt their anger and disgust increased for her whereas Madhumati looked no less than a ghost unable to believe her deeds coming in front of everyone.

Arnav: Nice video! Right?

Madhumati: Wo Arnav beta I....

Arnav: Shut up! Just shut your bloody mouth. I can't believe you can stoop so low.

Khushi: Enough!

Arnav: Khushi?

Khushi: "Let me speak." She requested him through eyes and he nodded.

Khushi walked straight to Gupta's and stood in front of Madhumati.

Khushi: I knew you never liked me I was always a burden for you. You never thought before taunting me, making me realise how much you have done for a orphan like me, how much I owed you but I never said anything. You even married me off, taunting me how I couldn't do this much for your family, you never stopped to think as a girl I could have my own dreams also. Still it was my luck I got a family like this, a family which accepted me as their own, loved me which I should have got from you.

Khushi: I stayed quite when after all these years I came to know I was never adopted because of love or sympathy but your selfishness.

Khushi: But now you have crossed limits, you tried to hurt my daughter. Can you imagine what could have happened she didn't get the hold of railing? She stopped as another voice from behind her started speaking.

Payal: Yesterday it was my godbharai Bua ji, peoples were here to give my baby blessings and you didn't even once thought before doing this with another baby?

Madhumati: I am sorry! I became so blind in my anger that didn't even once thought before doing this sin.

Madhumati (turning to Khushi): "I am sorry Khushi." Khushi turned her face away in disgust.

Shashi (with head down): "I am sorry for whatever my sister did. And Khushi I am really sorry for everything, for the injustice we did to you, everything."
Garima nodded with tears in her eyes.

Payal: Leave!

All looked at Payal shocked, especially Gupta's.

Payal: I said Leave and never come here again. I don't want people who think ill about my family near them.

Garima: But...

Payal: No mom! This time no excuses. Please leave! I'll come there myself if I want to meet you.

Before Garima and Madhumati can argue, Shashi nodded in No and left taking them with him.

As soon as they left Khushi and Payal broke into tears but Arnav and Akash consoled the two daughters who came face to face with the ugly face of their family.

To be continued.......

---------------