Part 23

Mumbai

Khushi looked outside with sad smile playing on her lips. It has been more than three years since she has lived here in Mumbai, the city of lights. She missed Arnav, she has cried for months after whatever has happened. She doesn't blame Arnav he was always honest that he can't love her but her treacherous heart fell for him unknowingly.

Last time she had seen Arnav is still fresh in her memory, she knew she had hurt him unknowingly but it was her frustration which led her to. Arnav letting their relationship break because of some past made her frustrated and she let it out on him. 

"KHUSHI'

Khushi turned to look at her best friend smiling at her "Lavanya" she has been a great friend.

----------------

Lavanya: Khushi I am calling you and you're not even answering, she said annoyed.

Khushi(smiling): Sorry I was thinking something.

Lavanya(understanding): Again? ....(pause)....

Forget it! Dinner is ready, Papa is waiting for us.

Khushi: Ok let's go then.

Khushi: Papa it's really awesome, but why did you cook?

Mr Khanna: Thank you, Sweetheart! And I cooked because I know my both daughters will be tired after working the whole day.

Lavanya: Love you papa and Khushi is right, it's really tasty.

Khushi(smiled): The new project is really keeping us busy and tomorrow is the presentation, so today we had to work till late.

Mr Khanna: I understand. Now finish your dinner because you need to sleep now otherwise I fear you guys would be asleep in presentation, he joked and three laughed heartedly.

-------------------

Khushi was going to walk inside her room when she was stopped by Mr Khanna.

Khushi: Yes papa.

Mr Khanna: Here is your coffee dear, you forgot it.

Khushi: Oh sorry.

Mr Khanna: it's ok! I know you need your coffee before going to bed.

Khushi: Thank you, papa. Aashu?

Mr Khanna: I made her eat dinner before you guys came back like you have told you'll be late and she slept later.

Khushi: Thank you do much papa. Now you should also sleep. Mr. Khanna nodded and left.

---------------

 ---------------

Khushi looked out of her room window thinking about how her life changed years ago. When Arnav left her in the premises of Gupta House, she never thought life will drag her to Mumbai. 

Flashback

After Arnav left in anger Khushi walked inside since saw Garima and Madhumati sitting in living room. She started walking towards them but stopped in her tracks stunned at what she heard.

Madhumati: I tell you Garima, this girl should not stay here.

Garima: Why don't you understand? What will we do once she reaches here?

Madhumati: I don't know but I don't want any problems in our Payal's life because of her. What'll other say that " Khushi failed to keep her relation strong if she had kept Arnav happy, why would he have divorced her? "

" If Khushi used to keep him satisfied and happy than it would have never happened but now I just want that her actions don't affect the Life our Payal. "

Garima: You're right. But when she'll come here what'll do? You know that..... Madhumati cuts her off.

Madhumati: We'll send her away. We'll help her financially but she has to go away from our lives. Garima nodded but both failed to see the broken soul who was already taking back steps, muffling her sobs with her fist. 

Flashback ends

Khushi wiped her tears coming out of her past memories, that days she had walked out telling the only servant who knows about her coming there to tell it to anyone. That day she has actually realised that she has no one here, she had thought that at least Garima and Madhumati would understand her as a mother even if it'll be only for once in life, but she was really craving for it. But whatever she heard just left her more shattered. After crying for hours in front of her Devi Maiyya, she finally contacted Lavanya who was now settled in Mumbai and with next day's flight, she also came to Mumbai. 

--------------

 Khushi walked to bed after getting changed with a smile on her face, she slipped beside the sleeping figure on the bed, "Aashi or Aashu (called only by her closed ones)" her daughter, because of whom she got the courage to stand again proudly from the mess her life had become. She caressed her soft cheeks lovingly, Aashu who have filled her empty life with happiness and mischief with her antics. 

She doesn't hold Arnav responsible for anything, she knew whatever he had done he had his own reasons for that, in fact she will be always thankful to him for giving her the family which she could call her own not for just formality but who accepted her heartily and even if he left her, he still left her with their daughter who is now her life. One thing still eats her they would have been so happy together, she, Aashi and Arnav, if only he could have let go of his past.

To be continued..........

Precap: Khushi and Aashi's bonding.

Arnav in Mumbai? 

Proofread by ShaniceKazmi