Part 26

It had been a week with Arnav and Khushi working together in the same office. Khushi was maintaining a professional relationship between them, much to Arnav's annoyance. So the friendly relationship and comfort Abhay and Khushi shared just irked him more. 

--------------------------------------

Arnav was strolling around the mall, he wanted to gift something to Khushi. It was Saturday, and tonight he had planned to meet Khushi. He knew if he'd ask there would have been a high chance that Khushi would avoid meeting him, so decided for a surprise visit to her place.

She wouldn't be able to avoid him then, there'll be no one around to see her professionalism. 

She can let out all her frustration and anger on him but avoiding him isn't an option. 

-----------------------------------

Arnav was busy in gift section when he felt tug on his pants, he looked down to see a little girl tugging on his pants for support so she can stand up. 

  Unknowingly, he smiled and bent down, he held baby carefully from her chubby hands and look at her innocent face.

------------------------

Arnav: Hey!

The girl looked at him with her eyes rounded, Arnav felt something very familiar about her. Looking into her eyes, he realized that her eyes are same as him.

Arnav: What are you doing here alone? Who is with you? He said looking around.

Baby just giggled at him and her eyes went to a soft toy behind him. She started jumping with joy, pointing towards it. Arnav looked at the soft toy and her eyes, eyes just like him shining with eagerness and joy. 

Holding the soft doll in his hands, he gives that to the baby, who tried to hold it but pouted as the toy was very big for her to hold. She was on the verge of crying but before that Arnav lifted her in his arms and held the doll from other hand, letting her play with it, his heart feeling unknown happiness looking at her giggling face. 

Caressing her face Arnav asked her name. 

Baby: Aachhu... She spoke in her language. 

Before Arnav can talk more with her, they both heard a voice calling for Aashu.

Aashu

Aashu

Aas......

  Arnav looked confusingly as Lavanya appeared in front of him calling for Aashu, but stopped abruptly looking at both of them.

Aashu hides her face in the crook of Arnav's neck, now scared of Lavanya's anger. 

Lavanya looked both of them stunned and gulped thinking of what is coming for her.

 Arnav(surprised): Lavanya?

Lavanya: ASR

Arnav: You know her? 

He said now admiring Aashi.

Lavanya herself admired the duo of father and daughter, this is the first time Aashi is in the arms of her father. Khushi would be so happy looking at both of them, thought Lavanya but reality dawned upon her as soon as Khushi's thought crossed her mind.

Lavanya(walking towards them): Yes ASR! She is my friend's daughter.

Arnav: Ohh

Lavanya(looking at Aashi): Aashu baby come! Aashu looked at Lavanya and then Arnav , she nodded in No looking at Lavanya and hugged Arnav again. 

Lavanya and Arnav both was surprised but Lavanya was more stunned Aashu is not from childs who go easily to anyone, maybe blood has recognized each other.

Lavanya: Aashu.... interrupted by Arnav.

Arnav: umm.... Lavanya! Is Khushi here with you? 

Lavanya: No!

Arnav: At home?

Lavanya(sighed): No ASR! She's out with Abhay for a meeting. She'll be returning back tonight.

Arnav looked away disappointed, his insides churning with the thought of Abhay and Khushi together. 

Lavanya started taking Aashi from his arms, Arnav looked at her instantly. Feeling emptiness more than before, he doesn't know why but having AashI with him has filled something inside him within few moments they spent together. 

Aashi looked at Arnav as Lavanya asked her to bid bye to him, she bent forward trying to come close to him, Arnav himself stepped forward and Aashi kissed him loudly on his cheeks.

To be continued.......