~ 20 ~

The water lapped softly at her feet, tickling her toes in a way only the ocean can. She smiled over the glittering waves and sighed happily.

She remembered how Caspian had started taking her all across Narnia, insisting that she had to know where every ruin lay and where each herd of centaurs lived.

A hand in the small of her back startled Robin out of her daze.

She looked over her shoulder and, unable not to smile, grinned at Caspian.

"What is a beauty like you doing alone on the beach?" he asked slyly, gently twining their fingers. "It is rather dangerous at this hour."

Robin rolled her eyes. "Oh, I'm sure it is. Several salt water nixies and nyads have come to me. Not to mention a bloody big snake slithering into the water." She turned to him. "I thank you so, your highness, for saving me from such terrible fates."

Caspian shook his head with a small smile as they wandered down the beach.

"I'm serious though, Caspian."

They stopped and turned to each other.

His forehead creased slightly.

"I could have killed myself so many times on that ship. Not to mention the islands on the way." She turned and looked back at the ocean, now a seeming a soft purple. "You saw me at my weakest so many times, Caspian. You saved me so many times. And that's a debt I'll work give my life to repay."

She shivered when he hugged her from behind, and not from the cold.

"You owe me nothing," Caspian replied, his voice soft and warm in her ear and neck. "It was an honour saving you."

Robin turned and looked up at him sceptically, tilting her head slightly

He laughed and lowered his head, placing a kiss on her lips. She stiffened at first, but then melted into him.

They broke apart and she smiled, pulling him along to walk down the beach again. "You should do that more often," she said, a deep blush spreading across her face.

"Believe me," Caspian grinned, draping his arm over her shoulder. "I shall."