~ 11 ~

When she reached the camp, Robin eyed each hump in the sand, but froze when she saw a pile of empty, rumpled blankets.

"Lucy?" she hissed into the night.

No reply.

Robin spun around, nearly running into Caspian. "Lucy is gone," she whispered.

He nodded and started waking up the crew members.

Robin grabbed the sword lying next to Lucy's makeshift bed and followed the massive footprints leading into the bushes.

She found a large garden that was obviously kept in good condition by a gentle hand.

She heard a shuffling to her left and swung the blade, relieved to find Caspian and the others on her heels.

"Lucy?!" Edmund shouted, running through the neat hedges of the garden.

Suddenly he was lifted off his feet and flung through the air.

Robin tensed and felt a hand cover her mouth. She, too, was lifted off her feet, but the invisible creature chose to hold on to her instead.

Her gaze met Caspian's and she gave a huff of irritation.

She brought her knee up and kicked backwards, hearing a grunt if pain she was dropped.

"Try something like that again and we'll cut ye throats," a gruff voice growled.

Suddenly hazy figures started to appear.

"We'll chop you up into ribbons," another sneered.

"Chew ye up with our vicious fangs, we will."

Robin stared at the figures.

"Much rather, you'll tickle us with your toes," she noted, eyeing the dwarf-like creatures stacked onto one another's heads.

A large mansion shimmered into view and Lucy strode out with a tall man at her side.

The creatures shouted something about an opressor and started bouncing away, fumbling to get as far from the mansion as possible.

The man chuckled. "I apogize for their behaviour," he said with a small bow at Caspian and Edmund. "If you'll follow me, we have urgent matters to discuss."