~ 13 ~

Robin felt the sand crunch beneath her feet. She was queasy somehow and the tire wasn't the only reason.

"Something is not right here," she said over her shoulder, a frown creasing her brow.

"It's volcanic," replied Edmund, eyeing the pale spot of a star against the bright morning sky. "What do you expect?"

She sighed and walked up a dune.

"I'm going to look for water," she said.

Reepicheep and a faun followed her as Edmund, Lucy and Caspian took off to explore.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jippety Skippety Time Skip
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Reepicheep ran as fast as his little legs could carry him until he reached the boats.

"Your Highnesses!" he shouted. "She's gone!"

Caspian frowned. "Who?"

"Robin!" Reepicheep huffed. "One moment she was right ahead of us and the next she was gone! We thought she fell down a ledge, but there was no sign of her
"

"I smelled traces of the mist," the faun cried, running down the dune to meet them.

Caspian groaned, dread filling him like when they were at the gold pool just moments ago

Lucy shrieked in fear and he heard Edmund shout.

The king turned too late and was swept off his feet. Brandishing the second of the seven swords, he tried to stab at the dragon, but then his eyes landed on the fiery message burning across the sand.

He looked up at the copper scales of the dragon.

"Robin?"

She looked down at him, pale grey eyes sparkling, and dipped her head in recognition.