~ 9 ~

Robin was the first to jump off the boat, eager to explore the greenery of the island.

Curiosity sparkled in her grey eyes as she grinned at Lucy.

"Don't go too far away," Caspian warned, unable to help himself from smiling at the girl's new found enthusiasm.

"I can't promice anything."

Excitement bubbled through her for the first time in years.

Robin took off into a few bushes. She examined the prickly leaves of several trees and tentatively sniffed a flower or two.

She soon found a small flight of cracked stone steps.

Curiosity killed the cat, she reminded herself. You have five lives left.

Robin cautiously moved up the steps, making sure to test each one's strength with her toe before stepping onto it.

At the top of the steps, she found a small stone platform with pilars and a small marble bench that has obviously been kept clean.

She looked over at the ocean and sighed contentedly when she saw the view.

"Do you often spy on people?" she asked over her shoulder, feeling Reepicheep's presence behind her.

"Only on the people the king takes a liking to," he admitted, padding out of the shadows and jumping onto the bench.

She frowned and pulled her gaze away from the sunset.

"What do you mean?" she asked, crouching next to the mouse.

The mouse knight only shook his head, a small smile prickling the corners of his mouth and his gaze travelling out to the horizon.

"This is quite a view," he sighed happily, "But I must return to camp. Don't stay out for too long, we don't know what lurks on the island."

Robin nodded and watched him go before moving to her feet. When she turned to look back to the ocean, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

The green figure smiled at her, it's features suddenly clear. "Hello, Robin," the woman smiled. "I've waited a long long time to see you."

"Who are you?" Robin asked, hand reaching to her waist where a dagger lay hidden.

"Why, don't you recognize your own mother?" the figure asked, face splitting into a beautiful smile. "It's not impossible, you know. You are dead, afterall."