~ 2 ~

"I should be dead," she stated, gaze flickering the creatures and humans and vast ocean around them

"Why am I not dead?"

A girl stepped out of the group of male characters. "I'll explain everything once we get you dry," she smiled.

Robin allowed herself to be guided across the deck and down a short flight of stairs into a cabin.

The girl smiled. "My name is Lucy," she said, pulling a dry flannel shirt, pants and brown boots from a closet -- the outfit not unlike what she wore herself.

Lucy had warm brown eyes and soft brown hair with a few freckles covering her nose and cheeks. She was an inch or two shorter than Robin and looked a few years younger, but something told her that the girl was more than she seemed.

"The ship is the Dawn Treader and the man that brought you aboard was King Caspian," Lucy continued, looking out one of the four large windows in the cabin whilst Robin pulled on the new set of clothes. "We're on a quest to find seven lords and their swords to save the Lone Islands from a terrible evil."

She smiled slightly. "Pardon my rhyming." Lucy turned back around and frowned worriedly. "Are you alright?"

Robin shook her head. "I should be dead," she repeated.

Lucy sat on one of the benches beneath the windows. "Why?"

Ignoring, the girl's question, Robin stepped out of the cabin, eyeing the oddity crew carefully.

She stared down at the water, feeling Lucy walking up behind her. "I leapt off a cliff as twice as high as the mast, landing in water with stones jutting out of it like teeth."

She turned to face Lucy. "I. Should. Be. Dead." She shook her head in correction. "I want to be dead."

The world started spinning and Robin backed into the cabin again, aware of most of the humans on board staring at her.

She pulled a small knife from the wet clothes she came with and climbed into the wardrobe.

"Am I dreaming or am I insane or is this all real?" she asked herself, pressing the knife briefly to her skin with a small slicing motion.

Blood started trickling from the cut, a small river that forced her to believe that she was, in fact, not dreaming or insane.

She was in a place called Narnia. And she was, to her utter dissapointment, still alive.