~ 17 ~

Caspian jerked away from the ship's whe when he heard Lucy scream.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly.

She grinned at him and pointed. "That happened!"

He glanced over the railing and felt relief flood over him. Robin was padling patiently a few metres away from the ship.

Without thinking, Caspian dived into the water and made his way to her, grabbing her wrist as he did in their first encounter.

She stared at the space of contact. "I'm not dead?" she asked, a small smile teasing the corners of her mouth.

He shook his head and started pulling her towards the ship. The platform lowered and they were hoisted onto the ship once again.

Lucy hugged Robin and pulled her aside to get dry clothes before Caspian could stop her. He sighed and started his drying his hair with a towel. He caught Edmund staring at him.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Edmund."

The boy smiled and rolled his eyes. "Can you make it any more obvious?"

Caspian frowned, faking confusement whilst trying to hide the heat crawling up his neck.

Robin stepped out of the cabin and darted up the steps to the wheel, giving the captain a nod before taking over.

Caspian grunted and ordered his men to sleep, the tire clearly visible in their eyes and movements. Edmund darted off at once, Lucy hesitatingly glancing at Robin before she too stepped back inside the cabin.

Robin sighed happily, breathing in the fresh ocean air.

"You missed all the action," Caspian stated, walking towards her.

She snorted. "I beg to differ."

"Did you have to fight of a giant sea serpent?"

"Did you get turned back into a human, fight off you past and almost get blinded by the Lion's power?"

Caspian lifted his hands in defeat.

She grinned and gently nudged his shoulder with hers.

"I rarely feel safe," she said incredulously. "But when Aslan was with me." She shook her head. "I felt like I was in a cucoon that kept the harm at bay."

He nodded, remembering his own experience in the Lion's precense.

"I've only ever felt like that in one other place."

Caspian turned to face her. "And where is that?"

Her reply was so soft he almost missed it.

"With you."