sun down

sun down - chapter ninety seven

rosie

"Stile, an arrangement of steps that allows people, but not animals, to climb over a fence." Scott reads.

I shrugged. "Yeah, somehow I don't think these are the stiles we're looking for."

"Maybe Malia's found something." Sott said.

"No. She's been taking a make-up test all morning." Lydia said..

I was about to say something else when I heard a loud howling. Malia's howl.

"I guess the test isn't going well." Lydia said.

We grabbed our stuff and quickly left the library. Scott followed Malia's scent to the old place she used to stay in the full moons. She was in her coyote form, crawled under a shelter and growling at me.

"Malia. It's okay. You're safe." Scott said, taking a step closer.

She snarled at him and I heard Lydia, Natalie and Sheriff Stilinski walking in.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Scott said, she growled. "I think she's calming down."

She snarled at him, her eyes glowing blue.

"Maybe you should growl back?" Sheriff suggested.

Malia's growling intensifies and Lydia jumped on her feet, scared.

"Scott, you're the alpha. Can't you just make her a little more docile?" Sheriff asked again.

I sighed. "She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory. Maybe we need to get out of here."

Malia continued growling at us. So Scott nodded and we started leaving the room slowly.

"Malia came here to get through the full moons. Then we started using the lake house." Lydia told her mom and Sheriff Stilinski.

"I thought you said a wild animal go in the lake house." Natalie looked at Lydia.

"Just be happy about all the things I don't tell you." Lydia sighed.

We heard a soft growl and then I heard footsteps, Malia was back on her feet, naked, which made Sheriff Stilinski and Natalie look away quickly.

"It's alright. I'm okay." Malia said.

Natalie qucikly gave me and her clothes and i walked towards her, helping her to get dressed.

"Any idea what made her shift?" Sheriff asked.

"She's under a lot of pressure." Scott told him. "School, her life after graduation."

"Her mom trying to kill her." Lydia said.

Scott frowned. "That shouldn't make her shift. Could it be connected to Stiles?"

"Hard to tell since we don't know what a "Stiles" is." Lydia said.

Sheriff frowned.

"It's a "he." Sheriff said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Stiles. It's a family nickname." Sheriff explained. "I never used it but, uh, my father did."

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

 I sighed, we were now at Sheriff Stilinski's living room, I was sitting next to Scott and Lydia was sitting next to us, Sheriff was sitting on the couch in front of us and Claudia walked towards us, sitting next to him dad with a box in her hands.