conversation

conversation – chapter nine

rosie

We entered the library and sat down, I was close to Stiles, trying to avoid any contact with Jackson.

"We can't be in detention together." Jackson told Mr. Harris. "I have a restraining order against these tools." He said, taking a seat at one of the tables.

"All of these tools?" Mr. Harris asked

"No, just us tools." Stiles said, poiting between him and Scott.

Mr. Harris rolled his eyes. "Fine, You two, over there." He said, pointing to one of the tables away from Jackson.

I got up too, following them, Mr. Harris rolled his eyes but he didn't said anything.

"I'm gonna kill him." Scott said.

"No, you're not." I mumbled. "You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help him." Stiles smiled at me.

"No. Stiles was right, let's kill him."

"Oh, no." Stiles groaned. "Hey. What if it's Matt? I mean, this whole thing comes backs to the video, right?"

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing." Scott said.

"Exaclty!" Stiles exclaimed. "He's trying to throw suspicion off himself."

"So, he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters and the mechanic working on your jeep?" Scott asked.

"Yes!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because...He's evil." They looked at Matt.

"You just don't like him." I said.

"The guy bugs me. I don't know what it is. Just look at his face."

I looked at Matt, his mouth was full of chips and he was shoving the bag in Jackson's face, trying to get him to eat some. I rolled my eyes.

"Any other theories?" Scott asked.

I frowned, still with my eyes glued on Matt, and I realized that Jackson was moving in the chair, he grabbed his backpack and he got up. "I have to go to the bathroom." He said.

"Are you alright?" Mr. Harris asked him, rising. "Hey, you don't look so good."

"I just need to get some water." Jackson said, leaving the room.

I looked at Scott and Stiles and they had the same look on their faces, something's not right. Mr. Harris approached the door, looking at us.

"Nobody leaves their seats." He scolded.

As soon as he left, Stiles got up, dragging me and Scott to Erica's table.

"Stiles says you know how Jackson's parents died."

She looked at us. "Maybe."

"Just tell us." I said.

"It was a car accident." She started. "My dad was the insurance investigator, and everytime he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's 18."

"So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at 18?"

Erica smirked. "Yep."

"There's something deeply wrong with that." Stiles scoffed and Scott nods.

"You know what? I could try to find the insurance report in my dad's inbox. He keeps everything." She grabbed her laptop.

Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office.