station

station - chapter thirteen

rosie

After the party Scott called us, he said that he saw Matt with the Kanima. Well, Stiles was right about him.

"So this kid is the real killer?" Sheriff asked, pointing at Matt's picture.

"Yeah."

"No." Sheriff shook his head.

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed.

"No." He repeated, crossing his arms.

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the reave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris' class."

"Alright, okay, you're right, sorry." Stiles rolled his eyes. "So then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Sheriff shook his head again, looking at Stiles. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything."

Stiles tried to say something but his father cut him.

"Scott, do you believe this?"

"That's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." Scott said.

"What about you, Rosalie?" Sheriff looked at me.

"We know it's Matt." I said.

"Yeah, he took Harris car, okay?" Stiles sighs. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him,"

"Alright, fine. I'll alow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Sheriff asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles yelled and we looked at him. "Our swim team sucks!"

I rolled my eyes "Stiles..." I tried.

"They haven't won in like six years! Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

Sheriff nods. "What do you want me to do?"

"We need to take a look at evidence." Scott said.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles said.

"Trust you?" Sheriff asked, pointing at Stiles.

Stiles opened his mouth and I looked at me. "Trust--trust Rosalie and Scott?"

"Ok."

***

We entered the station and a deputy looked at us, Sheriff smiled.

"It's two in the morning." She said.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important."

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered.

"Why?" Scott asked.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson..." Stiles said.

"Except for one." I finished. "The pregnant girl, Jessica."

"Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him."