chapter 17

~~~crying because you guys are awesome~~~

CHAPTER 17

            We soon came to the dance and I left the limo, opening the door for everyone getting out. The other true couples walked in first, snuggling close to each other and walking proudly. Aurora looked at me and smiled. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she questioned. Kissing you? Oh wait; you’re not thinking that, are you? I wanted to say.

            But I did know what she was thinking. I took her arm through mine, our elbows linked, she grinned and we skipped through the doors, students in fancy clothes giving us looks. But I don't care. I'm proud to go in here skipping with a grinning girl by my side. We finally came to the doors of the large dancing area, the music pounding through the doors, trying to push them open. I flung the door open with my hand as we separated. She went back and moved her arm through mine, and I couldn't help my lips curling in the slightest bit.

            "What's wrong, Beauty?" I whispered in her ear. She shivered and looked up at me with nervous eyes.

            "I-I've never been to a dance before." She said shyly.

            "That's okay. Don't be nervous." I assured her and she gave me a nervous smile.

            "I'm just glad that my first dance is with you." She said as we walked towards our group of friends. I looked at her curiously, but happily. Her eyes went wide like she wasn't aware she had said that. "I- I mean that I'm glad you took me and all. I really wanted to go to this. Thank you." She rushed out and I nodded at her, trying to not be tight. She kept her head down and I noticed her face was slightly flushed. I looked at her caringly as we walked to our friends at the table. She let go of my arm and got a drink. I went to Drake who was standing by Tara.

            "Just wanted to tell you, I put in a few words for you. I think she has the idea in her head." Tara whispered to me. I gave a thankful look and she seemed to understand. “I swear if that girl doesn’t get what I said through her head, I might have to tattoo it to her eyelids." She continued and Drake laughed.

            "Why are you helping me so much?" I had to ask. I didn't ask it rudely, just in wonder.

            "Because we actually like you, and I can tell she will too when she realizes she can. She has serious boyfriend trust issues. She had a tough relationship once. Now her mind is like a million piece puzzle that she has to decipher to tell her feelings. We're just helping her put the puzzle together." Tara answered simply but quickly. Drake nodded with her and I nodded, too dumbfounded to respond.

            "You don't know how much that means to me." I told them as Aurora walked back over to us. A song had just come on and it had a great beat.

            "Can we dance?" she asked and I glanced at Drake and Tara and nodded. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I followed willingly, but still dragged so she would hold my hand. "I love this song!" she cheered as a different song came on. I nodded and she started dancing crazily. I followed, just goofing off. She laughed as other students stared and some copied. We danced apart for a few songs and then a slow one. Her hands rested lightly on my shoulders and I hesitantly put my hands on her waist. I reveled in having her willingly dance with me, even if she doesn't feel the same way about me.

            She just swayed lightly to the song, letting herself drift into the beat. I swayed along, but was too busy studying her features like it was the last time I would ever see her. Maybe it was just because she couldn't tell with her eyes shut. She opened her eyes as the song changed, but it was still a slow song. A person walked behind me and behind her, and we were forced closer together. Her arms were around my neck now, and I held back a comfortable sigh. We just meshed well. Her height was perfect; her head tucked under my chin easily. She tried to keep farther apart though, and I did too, I don't want to scare her off. Then I glanced at the people who had shoved through. It was Eric and Tara. I glared at them.