chapter 7

~~~~~so sorry for the late upload. please stick with me. i'm a freshman now and its weird to get used to, plus my computer is still haywire. love you all! enjoy!~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 7

*AURORA'S POV*

I thanked my lucky stars that Eamon could come over. I heard that the lights would go off tonight because of the storms, and I can't stand the dark alone. And my flashlights wont work because I forgot to charge them because their solar powered and I kept them in the closet... oops.... But anyway, I hate sitting in the dark, not knowing if a hobo was creeping up on me or not. Or even worse, a ninja. I sat at my kitchen counter, watching the storm start from the window. I love the look of rain, but I hate the outcomes. I heard someone rasp on the door and I sighed, chuckling a bit.

"Just come in, Eamon!" I yelled and he stepped inside. He walked a few steps and took of his flip flops and set them on the floor lightly. I waved him over.

"Why exactly don't you like storms?" he asked curiously.

"No, I love storms, but... the power is supposed to be cut during the storm, the news said, and I don't like being alone in the dark..." I blushed deeply, playing with my fingers. He nodded simply at this. "Thank you, Eamon." I told him quietly, slightly embarrassed. He gave a small smile.

"Like I said, anytime." He said to me like it was a well known fact. We walked over to the couch and talked and played board games until it got later and then the lights cut. The TV flickered off and I yelped in surprise. I felt arms hold me softly as I panted from shock. I sank into the arms slightly, feeling comfort in the gesture. The arms let me go and I frowned even though he couldn't see. We sat in the darkness for a minute before we talked more. Later, we fell asleep, me on the floor and him on the couch, much to his disagreement. But I like the floor, it makes me feel like a pet or something. I curled up in my cold blanket. Cold because the power wasn't on to heat it, another reason why I hate power outages. I heard a few creaks in the couch and knew that he was still awake.

"Can't get to sleep?" I whispered. Smirking to myself.

"Are you sure you want to stay on the floor? You can sleep up here if you want." He whispered worriedly.

"Eamon, that is not something you ask a girl." I scolded teasingly at his choice of words. I heard him slap his forehead. I laughed loudly.

"You know that's not what I meant. I mean I can sleep on the floor." He almost begged and I shook my head before stopping myself. Oops, dead of night, power off, pitch black. Right.

"No. I like the floor, so go to sleep and I'll make pancakes in the morning. Or if the power is still out, the guy at McDonald's will make pancakes for us. Okay? So have sweet dreams, Peter Pan." I told him quietly.

"Fine. Live up to your name Sleeping Beauty, and have sweet dreams also." He whispered, shifting on the couch. I shut my eyes tightly and fell into a blissful and quiet sleep.

I woke up to a harsh light shining in my face. I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. I glanced at the large window in my living room without moving too much. It's still pretty dark out. I heard a groan to accompany mine and glanced at the couch, or more importantly, the boy in it. His legs were over the edge of the couch, his head and right side of his body hanging off completely. He has incredible balance. How did he ever fall down stairs?

I suddenly realized the lights turned on because the power was back. I blinked tiredly and crawled to the light switch and reached up to hit the switch. I hurriedly crawled over to my still cold blanket. I heard a sleepy sigh and tried to act asleep, which I did well from my excellent acting skills. I heard another light sigh but the couch creaked slightly, telling me he was turning back over. I then slept until the light was properly turned on by God from the sun. I blinked into the light- like Simba, I must say- and got up, feeling refreshed. I waded to the kitchen, glancing at Eamon's sleeping form in the same position from when the lights had turned on. I flipped the switches in the kitchen and checked the fridge, getting the ingredients out for pancakes. I started mixing everything in the bowl, humming 'Circle of Life' to myself quietly. I finished the first pancake, tossing it into the trashcan because of it's burnt belly. My own belly grumbled loudly and I frowned at it.