chapter 13

I absolutely love my fans:) if i can call you that. I told you i'd post if i knew people were reading my story... :) but siriusly, (Harry Potter joke), i opened my mail last night and saw someone commented and had a bit of a spaz attack...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 13

I woke up extra early and took a quick shower. I put on my favorite light wash jean shorts and a flowy tank top that's covered in a barely visible leopard pattern almost the same color as the light red shirt. My tanned skin looked shiny against it. I put on my favorite converse that are pure leopard print. I brushed through my elbow length hair and twisted it into a side pony. I ran down the stairs and ate a big breakfast of apples, toast, and peanut butter. I checked myself in the mirror and smiled. I looked fresh, clean, and happy. My blonde hair looked brighter against my skin. I got into my car right on schedule and came to the school in ten minutes, because I live farther away. School starts at 8:00 AM and it's 7:45. My group always comes around this time to check our schedules. I pulled up to the small school.

I smiled at the brick building before me and glanced around at the other students. I saw everyone I had been going to school with most of my life, although there have been a few new students. I parked in my favorite space that sits in shaded area and got out, lugging my backpack over my shoulder. I walked slowly to the round courtyard in the front of the school and waited for my friends to come. I turned around when I heard Lila's booming laughter and Thomas' quiet ones. They were talking to each other animatedly, Tara and Eric trailing behind them. They walked up to me, grinning. Thomas' arm was hanging by his side but I could tell that Lila wanted him to put it around her. Tara was grinning at Eric like a puppy and Eric grinned at her when the guys around stared with jealousy. Tara is beautiful with her bright red hair. I then saw Jasmine running up to me. She went ahead of everyone else and sat next to me on the long bench.

"Happy first day of school!" she exclaimed in a cheery voice. I sighed. She's a dork, a nerd, who loves school. She just adores learning. Sick.

"Happy first day of boredom!" I exclaimed sarcastically back at her. She laughed lightly. "Hey, Chester's coming." I nudged her, whispering, and glancing behind us at the trail of people walking toward us. She blushed and bit her lip, hiding herself behind her hair. Chester and Eamon walked faster then the rest and came to us. Chester grinned at Jasmine and then smiled widely at me. But I could tell how excited he was that Jasmine was here. I mouthed, 'work your magic' and he rolled his eyes. Eamon was slightly behind Chester, his head down as everyone stared wonderingly. They finally came to us and Chester sat on the other side of Jasmine. She blushed a little and I smiled to myself. Eamon sat on the other side of me.

"Hello, Aurora." He greeted happily, but quietly.

"Hey Eamon. Nervous about your first day?" I asked and he nodded sheepishly at me, his crystalline eyes slightly wide.

"You'll show me around, right?" he questioned worriedly. I nodded quickly and he bobbed his head in confirmation. Everyone else soon caught up, but Tyler was off with some girl or late. I greeted everyone, giving Lila a quick hug. She grinned at me and flicked her eyes to Thomas several times, grinning harder. I smiled at her and she looked like she was going to jump up and down.

"Guys, I'm going to go help Eamon get his things and give him a tour, 'kay?" I told my little group and they all nodded, the guys giving him pats on the back. I guess that's guy code for 'good luck'? I led him to the office and the plump brunette lady smiled motherly at him. She was the sweetest lady at school.

"Hello Aurora, who do we have here?" she said in her peppy tone. I smiled at her.

"This is Eamon. He moved here over the summer. Can we get his schedule and locker number please?" I said kindly. She nodded and dug through the drawers in her desk. She pulled out two pieces of paper and handed them to him.