chapter 3

~~~~~~~please tell me if you would like me to put a bit of the end of the last chapter before each chapter starts again or not. I can't decide! thank you!~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 3

I took a shower the minute I got up, laughing at myself in the mirror because my hair was crusty and I looked like an alien. I stood there and took a picture of myself making a face. Don't ask why, I just do that. I scrubbed my hair in the shower, getting the salt water out. I wrapped a towel around me the second I got out, paranoid of spies. I put on my dark jean shorts and a top that said "If something isn't about elephants, its ir-elephant." With a blue background and an elephant on it. I turned on my phone after sitting on my bed staring at my ceiling trying to see my glow in the dark stars in the light. I even turned the lights off and they didn't turn on! I guess it only works in pitch black. After I turned on my phone, it buzzed incessantly. I sighed and slid it open, seeing a message from Lila saying she was coming at 11:00. I checked the time, it's 10:55 right now. Darn my laziness! I stood and slipped my flippy floppies on and marched downstairs. Right as my foot hit the last step the door flew open.

"Come on Sleeper we haven't got all day!" Lila screamed at me. I chuckled and grabbed by small bag with my chapstick and money in it. I followed her to her convertible and put my phone in my pocket. She wore pink shorts and a white flowery top, her hair up in a ponytail.

"So what's the plan? Where are we meeting them?" I asked when we drove away from my house. She grinned at me excitedly, like she always does when something has to do with boys.

"We are meeting at the mall, at King Burger, where they can do it your way, but don't get crazy!" she replied, saying the end in a ghetto accent like in Mad TV. We both burst out laughing and we finally came to the mall in Hollywood, everything lined with bright rainbow lights and tourists taking pictures. We looked at each other as we walked into the mall and shook our heads at the ridiculous people dragging cameras around and hiding behind plants to catch a star. We headed to the cafeteria and sat at a table because apparently they weren't coming until noon, and we have a half an hour to wait now. I scowled at Lila as she sat calmly, making me aware of the fact I will be bored for the next half hour. "Aurora, please don't say anything embarrassing about me, okay? The guys who asked me out is really hot okay?" she pleaded.

"When have I ever embarrassed you? It's always you who says something about me!" I said laughing. She tapped her chin jokingly.

"Oh yeah. Well don't start today and I won't say anything!" she promised.

"Wait, what are they guys' names?" I asked, noticing I had no idea who to look for.

"One's name is Paul and the other is Evan." She said, glancing around. "Paul is the one who likes me." She reassured me. I had a thing about people named Paul. The name makes me laugh to much because I knew someone named Paul who was hilarious and stupid. I nodded at her and she was quiet until her face lit up. "Here they come!" she squealed. I sighed inwardly and put on a smile. I turned to look at the boys walking our way, one had a buzz cut and wore a wife-beater to show off his muscles and jeans. I knew that was Paul because that's exactly the kind of person Lila likes. The other boy had black hair that fell over his eyes and green eyes and wore a casual collared shirt and jeans. I waved at them and they grinned and walked over. Evan took a seat across from me and Paul took a seat across from Lila.

"Hey, I'm Paul." The guy I thought was Paul said shaking my hand and Lila's, winking at her. She blushed and I rolled my eyes at them. Evan turned to me, smiling.

"I'm Evan." He greeted, shaking my hand along with Lila's.

"I'm Lila and she's Aurora, my best friend." Lila said, with an undertone of a threat, saying 'if you dare hurt her, I won't hesitate to stab you with a spork.' I nodded, smiling.