Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

*two weeks later*

I am so bored. Boruhd. BORED! B to the O to the R to the E to the D! Lila is on a date with some guy she met at the beach party last week after Chester left, Tyler is working somewhere, Jasmine and Thomas are on a family vacation, and Tara and Eric are on a date. Drake hasn't answered my calls. But I guess it is only 10 in the morning. I woke up at 6 and made three batches of cookies. I've already cleaned the house. I took out my phone again and looked through my contacts. Wait, Eamon! We've already hung out a lot since last week when Chester left and the others say he should definitely be a part of our group from now on. But the not-smiling thing bugs them too. I told them my mission and they agreed that I'd be the best to do it. I texted Eamon asking if he could work and he said he could right away. I expected him to text back later because most boys are asleep right now. I shrugged and left because I already had my bag put together and my shoes and clothes on.

I entered my pleasant shop and flipped the sign, whistling a song. I bent over and picked up the notes that laid stuffed under the door, keeping the door open with my foot. I went through the notes while still bent over and then straightened quickly when I heard a noise. I gazed into the shop, but nothing was there. I looked behind me. Eamon had just gotten out of his car and was walking over to me. I waved and smiled at him. I tried to step over the threshold while waving, but I lost my balance. My foot caught on the beam that stops the door and my body flung forward. I landed on my hands, but my nose skimmed the floor. I sighed, my body aching from the fall. even worse, Eamon had seen the whole thing. Hey, maybe he'll laugh? But no sound came from behind me. A hand was in front of me immediately. I grasped it and he helped me up.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his face creased with worry. He studied my face when I was standing, seeming to check for any mortal injuries.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a complete klutz, as always. Thanks for helping me up." I told him, smiling but trying not to show that my knees where skimmed and stinging slightly. I shook my leg slightly and the pain ceased. His brows were still furrowed slightly under his curtain of hair and I shook my head at him. So overprotective. "Thanks for coming to work too, I was so bored!" I told him with my eyes wide. His blue eyes were light and filled with a complex mix of emotion that I couldn't decipher.

"I didn't have anything else to do anyway. But your welcome." He said kindly. "Now what should I start on first?" I shrugged.

"You can pick, I have to find all these things people wanted over the weekend. Mondays are always bad." I told him, he nodded and headed to the back. I padded around the store, picking out the ones indicated in the notes. I laughed at what some of them were written on. Napkins, wrappers, calendars, flyers, trash, receipts. It amazing how much people seem to want this kind of stuff. I recognized most the names that they put on to save the piece for, but one I didn't. I scrunched up my nose in confusion and drummed my fingers on my lower lip, trying to think of who this name belonged to. It always bugs me when I don't know. I'm good at faces, but names not so much. I shrugged when I couldn't get it and the door chimed and clinked open. I looked up from my position on the floor that I had taken to search for the pieces people wanted. An older lady was at the door, I call her Bana. She wobbled in and gave me a tight smile, wrinkle more prominent around her eyes and mouth as she did so. I gave her a smile and walked over to her.

"Need any help Bana?" I asked politely. She gave me a smile again and pointed shakily to a painting of the English countryside.

"I just love that deary. Would you take that to my car for me?" she asked with her fragile voice. I nodded and she handed me a 50 dollar bill, which is the amount I ask for things as big as this piece was. Then she gave me a ten.