Chapter 14

Sorry guys, i had my first finals, and i was sick too. I'll be better, i promise! It's a part of my new year's resoluntion. Also, i'll be getting a laptop, so more writing time. Love, Maura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 14

*That Saturday*

I hate my friends.

"Come on, Aurora!" Lila called.

Hate. Them.

"You look good, just come on!" Jasmine encouraged.

I am wearing a bikini they bought me secretly after they cut up my swimsuit. It's too revealing and I hate it. I brought my swimsuit here and they took out scissors and just cut it up and handed me this. I walked slowly to them, Tara following.

" I hate you all." I said as I walked away from the bathroom I changed. A group of boys were right behind them. I sighed out loud. I crossed my arms angrily.

"This will get their attention!" Lila said.

"Oh yeah, because I want a guy to pay attention because I'm flaunting my bon-bons." I muttered darkly. They ignored me and dragged me past the boys to the water. "Tara, come with me." I whispered and she nodded. She's the only one on my team here. I waded into the water and it was very cold.

"AH THAT IS FRICKIN COLD!" I yelled. The boys far off laughed and I glared in their direction. "It is!" I yelled again.

"Your just a wuss!" they called. I stomped out of the water and walked over to them.

"Who said that." I demanded. One cute guy raised his hand. He had shaggy sand blonde hair and gray eyes. I walked toward him.

"Wha- what are you doing?" he sputtered. I looked up at him and smiled. I gave him a hug with my wet swimsuit. He screamed and I laughed, letting go.

"Don't mess with me buddy." I shrugged. His friends laughed as I walked away. My friends were rolling their eyes at me, thinking I just ruined my chances with them. Too bad! I felt a hand grasp my wrist.

"Hey, what's your name?" they asked. It was the boy that I just hugged. I smirked.

"Yours first." I insisted.

"Braden." He said, holding out his hand to shake.

"Aurora." I said, shaking his hand.

"You're a strange girl, Aurora." He said, smiling. I nodded simply and walked away. "Want to swim with me, Aurora?" he asked to my back. I turned, shocked, but wiped away that expression when I faced him.

"Sure." I shrugged nonchalantly. I ran ahead of him into the water. I put my head up and he laughed, diving in after me.

"What school do you go to?" he asked.

"The local one. You?"

"Fremont High. In Hollywood." He replied. I nodded.

"What are your hobbies, Braden?" I said. He chuckled.

"I like to play baseball and basketball." He said proudly. I didn't want to say that baseball is very boring and ask how he stays awake. I nodded, acting impressed. "What about you, what are your hobbies?"

"Guns, art, and pranking." I listed easily.

"Guns?" he asked, bewildered.

"Nerf, of course." I said.

"Oh. Right, of course." He said and I knew he didn't know what they were.

"It was nice, meeting you Braden, but I have to get back to my friends." I said as nicely as I could.