Chaper 23

Recap:

Placing both hands on my cheeks, he leaned in and kissed me.

Chapter 23

Harry's soft lips lingered on mine for a few seconds before he gently pulled back. He brought his green eyes to mine and smiled widely. I stared at him in shock but found myself wanting more.

"So..." He started with a slight smirk on his face.

I bit my lip and looked at him nervously.

"Ehmm..." Oh gosh, what am I supposed to say?

"Maybe you don't have to say anything..." Harry smirked and started leaning towards me again. Did I just say that out loud? Oops.

I stared at his lips as they got closer and desperately wanted to lean forward and close the space between us. I panicked and leaned back so Harry couldn't reach me.

Harry realized I moved and his face fell. You're an idiot Ashlyn! He wanted to freaking kiss you!

"Uhh... I'm sorry Harry."

"No, no. It's fine, I was pushing my luck."

"Oh no Harry, it's not that I don't like you-"

"Whatever Ashlyn, it doesn't matter." Harry didn't sound angry but he sounded... hurt.

"Harry, please let me just explain." I don't know what I was explaining but I'd say anything to get those hurt eyes back to normal.

"Look Ashlyn, I'm just gonna tell you straight out. I like you, a lot. I always had a little crush on you when we were little but once I saw you again at the start of the summer, it was just... wow. I've gotten to know you so much better on this trip and I fell for you fast. I've been keeping all this bottled up inside and hidden from you and I couldn't take it anymore. I just want you to know that however you feel, I'll still be your friend."

"I'm sorry Harry, I just-" I looked into his saddened eyes one last time before rushing the words out. "I don't like you that way." Lies. Why are you so afraid of telling him the truth? I turned my head to the ground not wanting to see the hurt expression on his gentle face.

"I understand." His whispered shakily. "I'll just be going now." He said awkwardly and turned around and took a few steps towards the door but stopped suddenly.

He whipped back around to face me, eyes no longer hurt but angry. "Can I just ask you one thing then? Why? Why don't you like me? Is it because you're mad at me for saying you were my girlfriend or because you think I'm a jerk or because-" Harry was listing things off on his fingers looking ready to punch a wall.

"Harry," I interrupted calmly, he stopped talking and looked at me still fuming. "Harry, stop." I rested my hand on top of his arm. He flinched at my touch but didn't say anything.

"Why don't you like me?" He whispered quietly, no longer angry.

"Harry," I started gently. What am I supposed to say? Maybe you could tell him you actually do like him. "I don't not like you, I mean you're my friend and everything but-"

"Don't make up excuses Ashlyn, give it to me straight. Why don't you like me?"

"I'm sorry Harry, I can't." I looked away as tears formed I my eyes.

"Dammit Ashlyn!" He yelled and whipped open the door and stormed out. I watched him walk out and a tear fell down my cheek.

"Wait, Harry!" I yelled with desperation. Don't let him get away. I rushed myself out into the dimly lit hallway, my eyes searching for Harry.

I found him trudging slowly to the suite of our friends, head down and hands in his pockets.

He mustn't of heard me. "Harry!" I called again.

He turned around and I felt a pang of guilt as I saw tears on his face.

"Ashlyn?" He questioned softly.

"Harry, please don't go!" I begged and choked back a sob. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I hurt you and made you angry and for everything." I rushed out as he ran towards me. His body met mine and he engulfed me in his arms, I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Babe, why are you crying?" He asked as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"I don't know!" I said and cried harder. My throat felt dry as I inhaled a shaky breath. "I just feel so bad! It hurts me to see you hurt. I don't know why I didn't just tell you I like you, I get panicked easily and ruin everything. I'm sorry." My voice got lost in tears.

"Shh babe, it's okay." Harry calmed me and moved his hands in small circles on my back.

"I'm sorry!" I cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay. Here, come inside." Harry released his grasp on me but I still clung to his side. We walked back inside to our hotel room and he gently closed the door behind us.

After shutting the door behind him Harry leaned his back against the closed door and placed me in front of him. Both of his hands straight in front of him placed on my shoulders as he steadied me, a small smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, my tears were finally starting to dry.

"You're beautiful." Harry smiled and leaned forward to kiss my forehead. I smiled widely in return and he grabbed my hand dragging me softly to the bed.

"Now," Harry started as he motioned for me to lay down. "You need to get your beauty sleep."

I stared at him questioningly and stayed standing.

"Go on." He motioned to the bed once again.

I looked to the soft white sheets calling my name and collapsed onto the sea of comfort.

"There you go!" He laughed and I smiled up at him. He pulled the covers up from underneath me swiftly and the placed them back on top of me in a comfortable way.

"Wait Harry, I don't even have pajamas on." I said realizing I was still in my shorts and T-shirt.

"Just wear what you have on, doesn't really matter."

I wrinkled my nose trying to think of a solution, the least I could do us take my shirt off.

"Woah, woah Ash. What are you doing?" An alarmed Harry asked turning away from me.

"Relax," I rolled my eyes and threw the shirt to the ground. "I have a tank top on underneath."

"Okay then, just didn't want invade your privacy or anything." I smiled as Harry chuckled awkwardly at the end of his sentence.

He pulled the covers back over me, tucking them carefully in so I was nice and comfortable.

"Good night Ash," He said kissing me forehead. "I'm gonna head back over with the guys for a little bit." He shut off the lamp next to the bed and the darkness settled in around us. Harry started to walk away into the darkness.

"No you're not." I grabbed his arm as he tried to walk away and pulled him back.

"Come on Ash, please?" He begged with the puppy dog face.

"Hmm," I pretended to think about it for a moment. "No!" I yanked his arm harder and he fell in top of me and rolled onto the other side I the bed.

"Ow!" Harry yelled in fake pain.

"Night Haz!" I smiled at him as he got comfortable and wrapped his arms around me, I snuggled into his chest.

Harry gently kissed my forehead. "Night Ashlyn." He whispered.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23! I know it was kinda short but awww <3 now they know how each other really feels! I'm gonna try to make the next chapter a lot longer because I hate making really short ones. Thanks for reading! :D xx