Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I started placing the quarters I had brought out earlier into the cash register as I waited for the pizzas to be ready. I still can’t believe One Direction is sitting 15 feet away from me, in my grandparents restaurant.

“Ashlyn!” Grace whispered angrily. I turned around to see her sticking her head through the window from the kitchen.

“What?” I asked impatiently. She motioned for me to go back there. I finished putting all the quarters away and went to the kitchen to be met with a glare from Grace.

“Back there.” She said, still glaring at me, while pointing to the exit that led to the alley way out back.

I followed her out there and the second the door closed she started freaking out at me. “Ashlyn! I can’t believe you! My favorite band in the whole world is sitting in your grandparents restaurant and you won’t even let me talk to them! Why?! It’s not like I did anything wrong, I was just-”

“Grace,” I said, cutting her off. “Just let them eat and I’m sure they’ll be more than willing to take a picture or something before they leave. Don’t get too worked up about it, let them eat their lunch for now and I’ll ask them if you can see them again after.”

“You would do that for me?” Her tone immediately softened and she looked at me with a hopeful expression. 

“Of course I would, you’re my best friend.”

“Aw!” She said giving me a big hug. Jeez, someone’s moody.

“But just remember to not talk to them for now.” 

“Okay.” She said, looking a little sad. But I knew she was fine because her mood changes all the time, one minute she’s laughing and having fun and then the next she’s giving everyone death glares and not talking. 

“Feel free to casually wash some tables though, you know, I‘m pretty sure the table next to One Direction‘s is pretty dirty.” I said winking.

“Yeah, like that wouldn’t be obvious.” She said sarcastically while laughing.

“Okay, let’s go inside.” We both went back inside still laughing.

“There you guys are, Ashlyn the pizzas are ready.” My grandfather said, pointing to the two large pizzas.

“Okay, Grace could you grab the pepperoni pizza?” I said, picking up the cheese pizza.

“Yup!” She said cheerfully, picking up the pizza.

“Of course now you want to work.” I said, rolling my eyes at her.

“Yup!” She said again, laughing.

Pushing through the kitchen doors, we were met with cheers from the boys as they all called out stuff like, “Yum, pizza!”

Who knew food could get guys so excited?

Laughing as we put the pizzas down, Grace said, “Wow, didn’t know pizza was so exciting.”

“It’s delicious!” Zayn said with a mouth full of pizza, they all were already stuffing their faces with pizza.

“Well I’m glad you like it, can I get you guys anything else?”

Niall pointed to his empty cup with the hand that wasn’t holding his pizza.

“Refill?” I guessed.

He nodded.

“Anyone else want a refill?” They all nodded.