Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I inhaled the fresh air deeply as Harry and I walked out of the hotel lobby and into the outside world. Everywhere there was some sort of bright and colorful tropical flower, making the place seem so much more lively. Just in front of us was a beautiful white sand beach, I still haven't gotten used to seeing them even though I've been in Hawaii for a while now. The beach looked almost deserted, with only a few people lurking around.

Harry and I wandered around the resort, we found this cool park with lots of different paths to explore. We traipsed along the pathways, trying not to let the uncomfortable silence between us disrupt the peacefulness of the park. I kept glancing at Harry out of the corner of my eye, I'd always find him looking at me too and quickly avert my eyes forward.

I knew one of us would have to say something eventually, especially if we plan on talking to Liam, Niall, Zayn, Louis and Grace. If we don't I'm sure we'll be ignored by them, and then we'd only have each other to talk to... that would be nice. Just me and Harry...What am I saying? No it would not be nice, I'm annoyed with him right now anyway. It's not like I actually like him or anything, do I?

"Uh..." Harry began uncertainly, interrupting my conflicting thoughts about him. "I know you're upset with me and I'm really sorry about yelling at you like that." He continued on slower than usual, careful not to look me in the eye as we continued walking. I nodded and waited for him to go on.

"But I really can explain what happened, and please believe me. I honestly was not mad at you, I had just been reading sme things on my phone that were making me really mad and uh... never mind. I was just-" He tried to carry on the conversation like he never began that sentence.

"Wait, what things were you reading on your phone?"

"It doesn't matter." Harry said, trying to brush the subject off.

"It does matter though Harry, just tell me what you were reading about." Harry stayed silent for a moment. The hot sun was burning the back of my neck as we walked and I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"It's not important." He said quietly.

"Fine then," I stopped walking and marched over to an oversized rock I had just spotted and sat down. The warmth of the rock burned my legs as I sat down but I ignored the pain and looked back at Harry. "You tell me when you're ready but until then, I'm sitting here."

Harry took a deep breath in and slowly let it out, contemplating what he was going to do next. He looked up to the clear blue sky like it held the answer. Turning his gaze back to me he walked the short distance to the rock I was on and sat down next to me.

"Why do you have to be so immature?" He muttered.

I waited patiently for him to speak again, listening to the gentle sound of the late afternoon settling around us.

"Ashlyn, I really don't think it's important that you know." Harry spoke softly, his knees pulled up close to his chest and his arms wrapped around his knees.

"Well I want to know, why can't you just tell me?" I said stubbornly.

"Because Ashlyn, it will only hurt you." His soft voice spoke once again.

"What do you mean it'll hurt me?"

"Ashlyn, I really don't want to get into it."

"Harry just tell me, you're dragging this out longer than needed. Whatever it was can't be that bad."

Harry put his head down against his knees. "Look Ashlyn," He picked his head back up and looked at me. "If you really want to know I'll tell you, but just remember it's only because you begged me too." I nodded and he continued. "I was on Twitter and I was reading through a whole bunch of tweets and I started seeing your name mentioned. I don't know why but I started reading all these tweets about how some girls don't like you, they're all just jealous though." He tried to assure me. "All these girls are upset that I have a girlfriend and are letting their anger out by bashing on you."

"What type of things were they saying?" I didn't feel as hurt as I think Harry had anticipated. I mean, obviously when you're dating a celebrity you're going to get hate. I knew it would happen but I've tried to ignore it.

"It really doesn't matter." He looked away again, his voice told me he regretted telling me.

"But I want to know."

"Well I'm not going to tell you."

"It's not a big deal Harry, just tell me. I really don't care what people say, I knew I'd be hated on anyway just for being seen with you."

"It doesn't matter what they said Ashlyn!" He said angrily. "Those things shouldn't have been said about such a beautiful girl like you, they don't even know you." He finished quietly looking away. My cheeks flared up and my heart skipped a beat, I was speechless. Does he really think I'm beautiful?