Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I gazed consciously around the board walk filled with people as Harry and I strolled down it towards the ocean, walking hand in hand. I felt as if all eyes were on Harry and I, like the whole world was watching. I didn't want to do anything stupid to embarrass myself just in case any paparazzi were around taking photos of us.

"Hey what's wrong? You look tense." Harry asked looking genuinely worried and squeezed my hand.

"What? Nothing." I said quickly, not meeting his strong gaze as he tried to catch my eye.

"Don't be so nervous."

"I'm not nervous." I defended quickly. "I just don't want to make a fool of myself if anybody recognizes you."

"You're fine Ashlyn." He reassured me with a wide smile, squeezing my hand tightly again. I smiled back up at him, feeling a lot more confident in myself than I did before.

Harry and I continued walking down the boardwalk in a comfortable silence, swinging our hands back and forth as we walked. At first I wasn't to sure about Liam's idea to have Harry and I go off from the rest of the group and walk around "Like a couple" as he put it, whatever that means. Everyone else was enjoying the beach and Liam banished us to the board walk but it was actually kind of nice.

I thought it would be awkward having to hold his hand and act like a couple but it wasn't, something about it just felt normal.

"This beach is beautiful." I said in awe peering over the side of the board walk as Harry and I came to the end.

"The waves are sick!" Harry said with a big grin on his face as he watched the giant waves crash to the shore, carrying fallen surfers along with it. The waves were still huge from the big storm we just had, today was the first sunny day we've had since then.

"Oh look at that guy! He actually managed to stay on the wave!" Harry said as he pointed to the only surfer on the beach below still riding the wave.

I laughed at Harry's excitement to such a small matter and turned back out to look at the clear blue ocean in front of me. Off in the distance the next Hawaiian Island in line was visible.

"Want to get something to drink? I'm getting a bit thirsty." Harry asked after a few minutes.

"Yeah sure." I agreed, our hands found each others again and we walked back down the board walk to the road. We found a small little smoothie shop on the beach and continued to walk along the sea wall.

We walked along silently, sipping on our smoothies until we came across a cute little flower cart. There was colorful and exotic flowers all over the whole cart.

Harry stopped walking for a second and looked at me with and adorable smile on his face. He walked up to they guy at the cart and started talking to him, a second later the man was handing Harry a flower.

Harry returned, holding the flower behind his back like I didn't just see him get it and his smoothie in the other. The adorable grin he had on moments before reappeared and he handed me a huge bright pink flower.

"For you, my love." Harry said and bowed, the cheeky grin never leaving his face. I gladly accepted it and brought it up to my nose immediately, it smelled like all other flowers do but it felt more special since it was from Harry.

"Why thank you, Harry." I laughed and walked continued along the sea wall with him.

"You know, this is technically our first date." Harry said with a small smirk on his face.

"Not really, this isn't an actual date since we aren't really dating."

"But is it?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.