40. What Would You Add

Her scent was sweet this morning, like cherries and pineapples, bringing a craving to my tongue as my mouth began to water before my eyes had even opened.

The light was pouring in from the curtains behind my eyelids, meaning that for once I must have actually slept in. Except, today, I was content with that decision. I could breathe again and for once, it felt so damn good to not feel suffocated in my own body.

But I could feel her eyes watching me like a hawk waiting for its prey. They were intense and almost had me trapped in place, unsure of whether or not I wanted to show her that I was awake. But after a few minutes, my mouth got the best of me.

"You're staring," I stated, a slight smile triggering the corner of my lips to lift.

"I'm gazing." El corrected and I finally peeked my eyes open to see her staring up at me from her side of the bed. Her hair was smooth and eyes bright as if she'd been up for a while already.

"It's creepy." I chuckled.

Ellison rolled her eyes but smiled back. "It's romantic."

"Oh really?" I rhetorically asked, rolling over onto Ellison's body within the beat of a heart. She squealed as I pushed her onto her back, smothering her completely. Grabbing her face in my palms, I brought my head down and smashed our lips together in a hard, but quick kiss. "Is it romantic now?"

She smiled and brushed my hair out of my eyes, "Almost."

"Almost?" I creased my brows and jerked my head back in mock offense.

"Go brush your teeth, goof." I groaned but managed to roll out of bed and do as told.

However, after, I was still in the lazy mood and happened to just crawl right back over her and playfully stick my tongue out in her face.

Ellison just giggled though, and gently pulled my head back down into a much gentler and soft kiss. "Mmm, that's better." She mumbled against my lips, pulling a bright smile on my face.

I pulled back a bit and pushed her hair to the side before cupping her jaw in my palm. "Good morning, baby."

"G'mornin'." Ellison inhaled deeply, her eyes flickering between my lips and my deep blue irises for a moment before finally deciding to just stay on my eyes. "I feel good, today."

"You look a lot better." My words caused her to softly grin. Lowering my head to the base of her jaw, I left a small kiss. "Your eyes are shining." I tangled our fingers together and lifted our hands to rest beside her head, pinning her arms down as I moved to the hollow of her neck. Another small kiss was pressed to her skin, feeling as she gulped against my lips. "Your skin is glowing." I moved down to the valley of her breasts, leaving a small kiss just over the top of her v-neck collared shirt. "Your heart is beating."

"Niall..." Ellison sighed in delight, bringing a smirk to my lips. It really does feel like it's been a long time. The last couple of days seem to have just flown by.

I paused and glanced up, noticing that her head was tossed back and eyes closed. She slowly opened them, glancing down at me from above. "Did you have something to say, darlin'?" I smirked.

"No, just keep doing what you're doing. I like it."

"Are you sure? We can always stop and go get some breakfast. I'm sure Nicholas–"

"Niall." Ellison cut me off, bringing bubbles of laughter to my lips. "You're not as funny as you may think."

"Baby, I'm hilarious," I smirked, letting go of her hands to hold onto the bottom of her blue shirt.