9. Get Out of My Bed

"Niall?"

"Yeah?" I glanced across my small room to see Ellison still packing her things before I zipped my suitcase.

She looked up, her eyes burning a whole in the side of my face. "What time will we get back?"

"Roughly five in the afternoon." Setting my bag on the floor, I turned towards her and stepped across the room to help fold and organize her messy bag. "Why? Have anything important?"

"Well, I got a call from Mr. Thatcher last night asking about my absence. I told him that I was with you, but I just can't afford to keep missing my classes."

"If you're worried about your grades slipping, Ellison, I can very easily handle that."

"No, no. I'm fine. To simply state it, my brain gets messy and I get all discombobulated if things get out of order."

"It's called being OCD, Ellison." I smirked as I picked up the familiar Aqua blue, lacy underwear between my fingers. A gasp was released from Ellison's lips and she quickly grabbed it out of my hand as I noticed a deep, scarlet blush form on the apples of her cheeks.

"Don't touch that." She commanded, blushing even harder. "And for the record, I'm not OCD–just school comes first and I like being on time with all of my supplies and costumes in order."

She threw the rest of her stuff in her suitcase before zipping it up completely and turning towards me. I caught her green eyes glance up at my lips before quickly averting to my eyes. She looked rather curious. Her lips pursed and eyes narrowed as if she wanted to ask something; but she didn't, and instead turned completely around to push her luggage to the door. "I'm ready, whenever." Ellison said over her shoulder before making her way out into the hall and down the stairs.

I closed my eyes for a second in defeat. This girl was...something. I've been saying it from the beginning, but the more I get to know her the more I start to realize just how much of 'something' she really is. I can never quite predict her next movement, or what she's going to say, or how she's going to act. One minute she'll be messing around, the next she'll be in deep thought, and suddenly she'll pissed, but then really happy.

It's so...random. And annoying. And frustrating.

It's like a bipolar issue that only occurs in her mind rather than being affected by her outside surroundings. I can definitely say that Ellison is the first to have my head so twisted as she practically confuses me to near death.

Letting out an exasperated breath, I followed after her, both bags in hand. We ended up leaving the house late, which meant getting to the airport late, and by more than just a couple hours... I couldn't help but to grit my teeth as I stepped onto the plane at just past 10 in the evening.

We were meant to leave at 2 in order to put us home on time.

"Try to keep yourself up for about three or four hours so that way you can sleep a bit here, but then get a full nights rest at home and still wake up in time for class." Ellison nodded at me and took a seat across from my chair. I could tell that wasn't going to happen though as her eyes already looked droopy and exhausted.

  After no more than an hour of departure, the night sky had set in around us, blinding the aircraft of all light except for the galaxies of the hidden stars. As I glanced between the outside world and the small, delicate world in front of me, I happened to be correct about two things. Ellison was passed out and I was fucking screwed.