ChApter Twenty

My third pregnancy was easy because I knew what to expect..And to my surprise DeVante took time off and actually stayed home.He just basically worked from home.

Jr and Keven were happy and hoped thier were having a brother.But I wanted a girl because the three of them were spoiled rotten.. DeVante still kept me in the house and I been stopped looking outside to the ocean water because this turned into a prison for me.. My kids were the only ones who left the house.I still called my sister from time to time but I had to get ready for my upcoming baby..

One day I'm sitting outside on the porch rubbing my stomach when a familiar car pulls up and parks and I see my mother get out..
Jr was with me but he didn't run down to her with me.

"Mom what you doing here?"

She gazes around and smiles while walking up the stairs..

"Where's your husband? Beautiful place like this, y'all should be walking around."

I smile and point toward the house..

"He's inside in his office!"

My mom points to my stomach and smiles.

"Another one I see.Please slow down."

"Mom what you want? Because you only want to see your grandkids but no-one else."

DeVante comes outside shirtless and I try not to drool..Yeah he still had that effect on me..

He looks at me mom in disgust.

"Fuck you doing here?You abandoned Malvillen and......

I stop him by putting my hand up.

"Baby let me talk to my mother privately please."

He challenges Jr in a race and they run in the house leaving me and my mom to talk..
I sit on the step while she remains standing.

"First of I wanted to say I'm sorry I haven't been the best mother in the world..I worked mostly nights and you couldn't see me forreal but Claysa tells me DeVante hit you and I want you to move in with me and leave him before this escaldes to something big."

I shake my head.

"I'm staying with my husband.Im not leaving. A slap didn't kill me and mostly definitely I deserved it if I'm disrescepting my husband."

"Never ever let a man put his hands on you.Your father did that and I left his ass but I came back. Took me four cracked ribs and fractured skull to get away finally! Don't think that pretty eyes man ain't got that same look your father had!"

"Why you keep comparing me to you! You fucked up not me.Shit me and DeVante is good. I love him and he loves me.I ain't going to be you mother!"

I stand up and she stops me.

"Okay your not me but he still abusing you and that's the same thing I went through. Your ass just sprung and can't see it. Look how many kids you having and I'm sure it was his idea!"

"My kids are not fucking mistakes.Mother please get the fuck of my property before I do something I regret!"

My mom stands there shaking her head.

"Me and Claysa are trying to help you and your ass not listening..What he be doing that has you so far up his ass you might as well be fucking him!"

Was I mad because I knew she was right or was I mad because DeVante really did have a hold on me..I should've told her about the voices and all other problems but how our convo went today I knew i wasn't going to be speaking to her for awhile, I thought as I left her standing alone looking at the back of my head...