ChApter Nineteen

When we arrive to the house DeVante is still calm and opens my car door for me but once we in the house he locks the door and then all hell breaks loose.

"Ima only ask once.Who that nigga you was with?"

"DeVante I don't know I was drunk.Me and Claysa were hanging out."

"Stop calling her over here when I'm gone.One and two why he was touching what belongs to me."

I put my head down and stand quietly on that one.
That's when he gets so close to me I can see anger in his eyes.

"I WANNA KNOW WHY HE FUCKING TOUCHED WHAT'S MINE!" He screams.
I jump and try to walk back but DeVante grabs me and throws me over his shoulders..As we get to the bedroom and he locks us inside.

"Ima ask you again.I want to know why that nigga touched you!" I can't focus because he's yelling and spit is flying out his mouth..

"DeVante please I'm sorry I cant......

The doorbell rings and DeVante pauses..

"I'll be back and when I come back, them clothes better be off!" He unlocks the door and I hear him running down the stairs.
I take this as my que to hide  but when I hear my sister asking for me as she loudly walks up the stairs. I run right to her and she hits me.

"Warn me before you just up and leave.I ain't know DeVante came to get you.How did you get there or know how we was there?" She asks looking at him funny...

I could tell my sister was still tipsy so I used it to my advantage.

"DeVante slapped me awhile back." I blurt out as he glares at me slowly nodding.

Claysa stares him up and down.

"Nigga you hit my sister?Ah hell naw! You leaving this nigga!" She grabes my hand and walks me past DeVante who is sitting on the stairs lighting a cigar..

"Maybe I'll call Friday up and see what's up since you leaving."

I turn to him but Claysa pushes me towards the door.

"Fuck him. He beating you and shit.You need to leave.You can stay with me until you get on your feet.But he aint shit for that."

DeVante throws his hand.

"Mal you'll be back.You know who big daddy is.Ima wait right here for you.Who else can do you like I can.What about our kids? You going to tell them they can't see they daddy anymore?"

"Baby please this is not healthy for us!" I try and plead but between my sister pushing me one way and DeVante on the other side I didn't know what to do.

I get inside Claysa car crying my eyes out.
I cry even harder as he steps outside and my sister pulls off..

When we get close to her house she tries to comfort me but all I could think of is DeVante..

My sister let's me get settled in her living room and I wash my face and drop right on the couch..My heart beat fast and I felt the walls closing in on me..I started hearing DeVantes voice and I knew i was losing it.

"Come home baby."
"I promise to be a better husband."
"Remember who can freak you like me?".

I fall asleep talking aloud to no one and my sister sadly watching me in the shadows.

The morning time I'm tired and kinda grouchy and Claysa had picked my kids up and they kept asking about thier father and why were we here.. I wait until Claysa takes her kids to school to call a cab and have the can driver drive me back home.DeVante was outside sitting on the front step smoking a cigar and walks down when I arrive.