ChaPTEr n!Ne

A/N : Hey! A new character is introduced in this chapter and it's the last one. So all the characters have finally been introduced. Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Bad Blood - Taylor Swift

Fools - Troye Sivan

     It'd been a week since the cringiest day of my life

     It'd been a week since the cringiest day of my life. Nothing even remotely resembling that day happened again with Derek. And for that, I was grateful.

     I avoided eye contact with him as much as I could in Calculus, though not always successful. I ignored him when I ran into him in the hallways or cafeteria. He never sat in Olive's seat again, so that worked out alright too.

     There was one time in Calculus when our eyes accidentally met. I was met with a cold stare. His eyes bore into mine and it was like his eyes were trying to tell me that he wasn't done with me yet. Does that even make sense? I don't know. I thought he was going to say something, but I turned away. Rest of the time, I ignored him.

     The next day after that, I sat down in Calculus and discreetly tried to spot Derek from the corner of my eye. I made sure to not get caught by him. But he was already looking at me. Damn! My face red with embarrassment, I looked the other direction. I thought I heard him laugh.

     Awesome! Laugh all you want, I don't care.

     I always had this feeling when Derek's around, that he's watching me. More like - giving me the evil eye. How much I tried staying away from him, it felt like I was always running into him. And whenever I looked at him, I always saw him giving me a cold stare. Maybe it was just my imagination. I wasn't sure.

~~~

     Suzy didn't get any credit for the report she stole from Olive and was furious at me. She did get back at me.

     While I was walking in the hallways on the way to AP Bio, I felt I was getting a lot of attention. Students stared up at me while walking past. The first thought that occurred in my mind was that I must've worn something that classified as a fashion disaster.

     I checked my outfit. A baggy shirt with a belt looped around my waist, blue jeans and black trainers. Not perfect but nothing to gather people's stares. No post-it notes on my back. Thank God.

     I checked myself in the window pane. Yep, this must be the reason. My hair were sticking out again. They had a life of their own, never stayed put. I had tamed them and tied them up in a ponytail, but a few loose strands escaped and were sticking out. I tucked them behind my ear, and was good to go.