ChaPTer fOurtEEn

A/N : Goal - 26 votes & 21 comments
Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Style - Taylor Swift

     "Oh, look at you. My baby looks so pretty. You're all grown up." My misty eyed mom gave me a big hug and almost squeezed the air out of my lungs.

     "Mom, please! It's just prom." I detached myself from her.

     "When is your date going to be here? Who's this kid?"

     "He's a senior and goes to our school."

     "How did you two meet?" My mom gets pretty excited when talking about boys.

     You don't want to know that, mom, I silently thought to myself. Out loud, I said, "He's Tiffany and Nate's friend. Met through them." At least, it was half the truth.

     "You never told me when you started dating."

     "Mom, no. We're not dating. He's just my prom date."

     "Oh you never know, darling. That's what your dad and I thought in the beginning of our relationship," she said dreamily, remembering their romance. "We thought it was just another high school romance, but twenty years later and here we are. Madly in love just like the first time we said it to each other."

     "Yeah, mom. That's awesome. But you have to stop making it sound so magical. It's not like that anymore. That stuff doesn't happen anymore, though I wish it would."

     My mom was disappointed that I didn't share her beliefs. "You never know what's gonna happen," she said.

     I know she was trying to make it romantic, but the situation I was in, made the sentence sound scary. You never know what's gonna happen. . .Oh, darn it.

     My sister somehow escaped this torture when she left as soon as her date arrived. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but I'd rather she didn't compare her love life to mine.

     She had dad, with whom she felt an instant connection. They knew right away that they were soulmates. My mom was popular in school and extremely gorgeous. I've seen their high school photos.

     I was nothing like her. And here she was, wanting to meet my date, who as she says, could be my potential soulmate. She said the same for Cabe.