chAPtEr tWo

A/N : OMG! You're back for the 2nd chapter :') Here *hands you a Hershey's kisses* Go have fun!

PLAYLIST : Lush Life - Zara Larsson

     Monday in school, Tiffany and I sat in the school cafeteria during lunch hour

     Monday in school, Tiffany and I sat in the school cafeteria during lunch hour. Tiffany was in a cheerful mood.

     "Did you see Brent today? Turns out he did go to Denny's and waited there for half an hour. Must've been mad," Tiffany said.

     The gossip girl that she was, Tiffany knew everything about everyone in school. Gossiping was her favorite pastime.

     "Hey babes. What's hot?" Shayna joined us. She placed her lunch tray on the table and sat across us. I was surprised to see her tray heaped with food because she was the most calorie-conscious girl I've ever met. She's always going on diets to lose the extra half pound she accidentally gained.

     "Dance practice was torture. Coach Boyd made us do aerobic warm ups for an hour. I'm famished," she said.

     "Explains the pile up on your tray," I said.

     "Don't worry Shayna, you're gonna burn all those calories in a day," she assured herself and started gorging on her food. "Mm, cafeteria food never tasted this good."

     "Did you guys hear that Lindy made out with George in the parking lot and got caught by Mr. Hunt?" Shayna asked with excitement.

     "Oh my god, really?" Tiffany said in disbelief. "I didn't know Lindy had it in her."

     Tiffany and Shayna were into 'gossip mode' now and that was a cue for me to tune out. Shayna was as much a gossiper as Tiffany, maybe even more. I, on the contrary, spoke very little and only when it was necessary. I just didn't understand the need to discuss others' lives at great length, wasting one's own time. I always wonder where they hear all the gossip and rumors and where it actually originates, but knew better than to ask about it because that would mean more gossip. I instead focused on my lunch and munched on some french fries.

     "And did you hear that Brent's date stood him up last weekend?" Tiffany asked.

     "Yeah? What dumb girl would go out with that jerk? Good thing she changed her mind," Shayna said.

     Tiffany leaned forward on the table and whispered, "You want some exclusive inside scoop?" She winked at Shayna's questioning look.