cHApteR fOrtY fIVe

A/N : Hey! Thanks for being here! Please don't forget to vote-comment if you like the story <3

PLAYLIST : We Are Broken - Paramore

     I blinked back tears from my eyes

     I blinked back tears from my eyes. I wanted to run away from here. I didn't understand why this was happening. Slowly, I felt someone take my hand. I looked up to see it was Derek. He held my gaze and nodded slowly. Then turning to Brent, he said, "Take your shit somewhere else, Brent. I've listened long enough. Now get out."

     "Dude, your girlfriend practically begged me to sleep with her. Ask her yourself."

     I winced with every word Brent said. I needed to get out of here before I became the laughing stock of the entire school.

     "I don't need to. I know what I'm supposed to know." Looking at people who'd gathered, Derek said, "And Vivian doesn't owe any one of you any explanation. So back off. Now!"

     It was true that Derek was on my side and did everything he could to make the situation better, but I knew a part of him didn't know what to believe. I freed my hand from his grasp and started walking backwards.

     "Vivian, wait." Derek came after me.

     I didn't pay attention to him and ran away from there. I could hear him asking me to stop, but his voice only made me run faster. I didn't want to see anyone right now, not even Derek. I wished he'd turn back and go away, though I knew he wouldn't. I could hear his footsteps behind me. By the time I was outside the school, he'd caught up with me. Crouching over to catch his breath, he asked me, "What was that? You practising running track or something?"

     "He's lying," I yelled at him. I wiped my tears which had finally escaped my eyes.

     "It was your voice," he stated between breaths.

     "So what? It was a prank. I wasn't waiting for him anywhere. He's lying. It didn't happen yesterday like he said. It was months ago."

     "But why would you do that? Yesterday or months ago?"

     "Don't question me. I know why you're doing this." My voice wobbled as I spoke. So I took a deep breath and started talking again.

     I didn't know what made me say what I said next. I just didn't want to be blamed anymore. "You lied to me. You didn't mean anything that you said. You were with Shayna everytime you called me. You repeated the same things to me that she told you."