ChAPTEr tHiRtY eiGHt

A/N : Hey! Thanks for being here. And thanks for 150k!!! Love ya! xoxo

PLAYLIST : Uncover - Zara Larsson

     The next day at dinner, my phone rang

     The next day at dinner, my phone rang. So Derek listened for once and called me earlier. I got up to answer the call when my mom stopped me. "No calls during dinner, sweetheart. It's family time."

     I slumped back down on my chair. "Right." I was so restless to talk to him that I finished my dinner early and hoped we were not having any long conversations after dinner. Thankfully, we weren't.

     Before I reached my room, my phone rang again and I answered it while walking to my room. "You actually called me early today. Wow. I thought you were more stubborn than that." I smiled as I spoke to him.

     He cleared his throat. "Yes, I did. Hi, Viv."

     I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. That's not Derek's voice and he never called me Viv. "Cabe? Hi." The smile was wiped from my face.

     "Who did you think I was?"

     "No one." I shook my head. "I didn't see the name on my phone. I answered as soon as it rang. Anyway, what's up?"

     "I'm having a party at my home tomorrow. I wanted to invite you."

     A party? I could use a party. I was jobless anyway. "Sure, I'll come."

     "The parents are going out for the weekend. So I have the house to myself," he said excited.

     "Great, I'll see you there."

     "Great. I got some stuff to take care of for the party. So I'll call you later, okay?"

     "Yep. Bye." I sat on my bed cross legged and tossed the phone aside. I didn't have anything else to do the rest of the evening and thought of catching up on my shows. I brought my laptop and a bag of popcorn and whiled away the hours on Netflix.

~~~

     It was six hours later and I had binge watched half a season of Teen Wolf. It looked like Derek wasn't going to call tonight, I thought disappointed. But he called every night. It was like some unsaid rule. It was a habit. I became so used to talking to him every night that it looked odd tonight.

     Maybe he took me seriously when I said talking to him made me miss classes. I was just exaggerating. I didn't actually think he'd stop calling because of that.

     While I was debating whether to call him or not, Derek finally called. It was later than usual. My mood immediately lifted seeing his name. "Hey. I thought you weren't going to call tonight," I said happily.