chAptEr e¡ghteEN

A/N : Late Night Talks is #9 in Teen Fiction!!!! I'm super stoked!!! 🤓 All thanxxx to you awesomesauce people who read it!! A bigggg hug & kisses! I love you guys :') :')

PLAYLIST : Good Girls - 5SOS

     "Who?" I asked lamely.

     "You," Derek pointed to me. "How are you getting out?"

     "My room's just next door. No one would find it weird that I was in Gina's room."

     He tilted his head and looked at me like that was the strangest answer he ever heard. "You're not coming to the party at Nate's house?

     Oh, the party. I had forgotten about it. Not that I was going to go. Tiffany told Shayna and me about it when we went out shopping. Shayna wasn't coming because she had other plans with Caleb. Parties weren't really my scene, so I said no. But mostly, I refused because of Derek. He'd be there too and being around him in prom was already too much for me. This was before we went to the prom. Now, I wanted to go because of Derek. I wanted to spend more time with him.

     He was sitting on the window ledge with his hands resting on either side for support. I wondered how he was always so relaxed, like nothing could ever go wrong with him, when I was on the verge of a panic attack.

     I let out a sigh. "I can't. It's past curfew."

     "Your mom saw you come in."

     "Exactly."

     Derek's lips curled up in a half smile. "Exactly," he repeated. "You're home according to her. We'll go out through the window."

     Sneaking out of my own house? Now that sounded incredulous and out of the question. Or maybe . . . it was time I broke free from the monotony of my boring, routine life. I wanted to do exactly what Derek said. This was as far an adventure as I'd have in my teenage life.

     Seeing the glint in my eyes, Derek jumped back down into the room and pointed outside the window. "After you."

     "I can't jump from the window. I'm wearing a dress."

     "I won't look. I promise," he said innocently.

     "I'm going to trust you on this one. But I'm not making a habit out of it."

     He smirked. "We'll see."

     I took one last look at Gina, who was now peacefully sleeping in her bed, took off my stilettos and carefully threw them outside the window. They landed on a patch of grass with a dull thud.