chAPter th!RTy fIVe

A/N : Hola peeps! Many updates on the way. Please vote and maybe even comment if you like the story :) Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Umbrella - Rihanna

     "What about the guy in the blue shirt?" Tiffany asked, sneakily nodding her head towards a guy sitting across our table

     "He's cute. But his friend with the glasses is hot. I'd choose him." Shayna said.

     On monday, the most boring day of the week, Tiffany, Shayna and I were sitting in a coffee shop after school, whiling away time discussing random guys. We happened to have a group of gorgeous guys sitting right across our table.

     I took a sip of my cappuccino. "I agree. They don't look from around here, right?" I observed.

     "They look a couple years older than us. They could be in college," Shayna said. The guy Shayna was talking about, looked in our direction. Their table was far enough so that they couldn't hear our conversation, but close enough to look at without appearing creepy. He subtly made eye contact with Shayna and gave her a wink.

     "I think he's looking at you, Shayna. The hot guy," Tiffany said.

     Shayna smirked. "Look at that smile. I have a thing for guys with charming smiles. I'd totally talk to him."

     Tiffany gave a confused look to Shayna. "What about Derek?"

     Shayna's smile turned into a pout. "I don't know where we stand. I thought maybe we could have a relationship. It's like boys only want me for the physical stuff. They don't seem to want anything meaningful with me."

     She rested her chin on her hands and continued, "One minute we're kissing and stuff, next minute he pulls away and says sorry. I don't know what exactly he's sorry for. It's so confusing. Maybe he wants to end things."

     End things? But Derek was just talking about Shayna's birthday the other night. "Shayna," I said. "I don't think he wants to end things."

     "Maybe you should tell him exactly how you feel. Then he'd take you seriously. Boys don't usually get this stuff, unless you spell it out for them," Tiffany said.

     "You're right. I should do that," Shayna agreed. "The college guy will have to wait." Then she looked at me expectantly.

     "Um, yes. Tiffany's right," I said.

     "He has wayyy too many problems of his own. Even if this doesn't work out, it's kinda fine," Shayna said. "But, I'll try. You could talk to him and ask him."