chAPTer Th!rtEEn

A/N : Here are two chapters as promised! Thanks guys for all the votes and comments :') I love y'all. The goal for this chapter & the next is : 26 votes & 21 comments for two chapter updates on Friday. Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Here - Alessia Cara

     I was going to prom with Derek

     The most ill-fated day of my life, I suspected. I couldn't gather the courage to pick up the phone and cancel on Derek. Like my nerves, or rather the lack of it wasn't enough, Tiffany too wouldn't let me cancel.

     "Chin up. You're not going to be alone with him. And even if you are, it's not a problem. He's neither a serial killer nor a rapist," she said.

     Yah, he might not be either of those, but that doesn't mean he's not dangerous. He's the only person I've been threatened by. Okay, threatened sounds too far-fetched, but he did scare me. That was as close to a threat as I've experienced.

     And there was always the chance that I could die of embarrassment.

     Realization hits me pretty slow. Derek would be my date. I had to spend time with him. We were going to be in the same room for god knows how long. Oh, how I dreaded this.

     But Derek wasn't my only problem. I didn't buy a dress for prom. Gina, after all, refused to lend me one of hers.

     According to Shayna, my biggest worry right now should be finding a dress. It was the day of the prom. I decided to wear one of my old dresses.

     When she had a look at my closet, Shayna shook her head. "No, you can't wear anything from in here. Let's take a look at the rest of your dresses."

     I sheepishly replied, "All the dresses I own are in here."

     Shayna was shell-shocked like I'd just told her that she was going to die today. "Is this what you've been wearing all your life? Your wardrobe is insulting to me."

     I didn't think it was that bad. I had decent enough dresses that I wore to parties and stuff. But Shayna was another level.

     I pulled out a red dress and told her that I'd have to wear that. It wasn't great, but it was the best I owned.

     Shayna insisted that it wasn't the right choice. She proclaimed herself the prom expert. "You have nothing even remotely suitable for prom."