chaptER SeVenTeeN

A/N : Hey guys! Welcome back :) Please leave votes & comments if you like the chapter. It'll mean the world to me 🐱
Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : No Promises - Cheat Codes ft. Demi Lovato

     Derek came back to the lot as soon as I called him

     Derek came back to the lot as soon as I called him. He took one look at Gina and said, "Ooh. Must've been some heavy shit."

     "Get out," Gina retorted. Derek chuckled, not really taking offense.

     I was in a major fix. Gina didn't drive her car to the prom and her date was probably stoned too somewhere else. The only way to take Gina home was in Derek's car. I was totally ruining his senior prom.

     As if reading my thoughts and saving me the dilemma of asking him or not, he said, "Wait here with Gina while I get my car." With that, he was gone.

     I sat down beside Gina, wrapping my arms around my legs and hugging them to my chest. It wasn't cold, but I found myself shivering. I was glad that Gina was awake. It'd be easier to get her home.

    "How did you end up in the parking lot?" I asked.

     "I walked."

     I learnt my lesson. I was going to keep my mouth shut.

     Gina tried getting up. "You know . . . on second thoughts, I think I'm okay now. I'll just go."

     "N-no. Wait. You're coming home with me," I protested.

     "Don't be so pushy."

     "You called me!"

     "Now I'm uncalling you."

     I threw up my hands in exasperation. Gina stood up with the support of the car and took a few wobbly steps. She seemed to realize she wasn't okay and was second guessing her decision.

     Headlights cast shadows over us as Derek pulled over in his car. He left the car idling and got out. Gina looked at Derek and blinked in confusion. "Are you taking me home?"

     "Ya," he shrugged, "looks like that."

     "Meh. Okay." She opened the back door and got in.