chapter six

"Kanai get your ass down here! Now!", Keisha yelled for me, after calling me for the past 10 minutes.

"What?!" I asked walking downstairs to see everyone sitting at the dinner table with empty plates in front of the and a four-course meal lined down the center of the table.

I walked over to the middle of the table where the boy with the afro was sitting and I sat in the empty seat next to him. "Um whats the problem?" I asked.

"No problem, just you cant hear", the boy with the braids said. I tucked my lips and began to bounce me leg, hoping that it would calm me down.

"Anyways, lets have the boys introduce themselves"

"And this is my cue to leave-"

"Sit back down!", I slowly sat back down

"What the fuck do yall really want"

"I want to know more about you", said 152

"Well, I kill people for a living. Are we done?", I asked Keisha.

"Nope, tell more"

"Ugh, well Im Hawaiian and Black. My mum is part Asian but I don't claim all that because I don't see that side of family. Uh, Im 17 years young. I like to party, smoke, drink, and pop pills. Ive been to juvie about 3 times all for fighting and thats it, now can I leave?", I only told them the bad things so I can leave.

"Nope"

I kissed my teeth and got up walking upstairs. Keisha called for me to come back downstairs but I didnt second guess my actions. I slammed my door plopping down on my bed before my door was open and slowly closed.

"Get out", I sighed without looking up. I heard the springs in my bed and lifted up. "I thought I said- oh um"

"Jacob. Im Jacob and you are?"

"You know my name"

"Yeah but I want to start over kind of, even though we havent started anything, I would like to know you" he was so formal about it.

I laughed and sat up on my bed. "Why are you really in here?"

"When you left the table you looked hurt"

"Thats how I look though"

"Yeah but-"

"Are you trying to be my friend?"

"No, I mean kinda, I guess", He shrugged his shoulders rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thats cool. So what do you want to know", I cant believe Im giving him a chance.

"Um, so your 17, Hawaiian and Black, well what does Kekipi stand for?"

"Its a Hawaiian word for Rebel", he nodded.

"Uh", he seemed unsure of asking another question.

"Why do I kill "innocent" people? Your probably wondering", he nodded. "Well the people I kill might seem innocent since they haven't been caught but they are killers. Im normally assigned to- wait why am I telling you this?", he looked disappointed that I got up and walked to the bathroom.

Once I came out of slapping myself back into reality. Jacob was watching TV laid out onto my bed and it was no longer light outside. I stared at him examining all of his beautiful features. "Im normally assigned to people I kill but the 150 people were bystanders of the people I needed to kill", he looked at me and nodded.

"Sorry about laying out on your bed."

"Its fine", he got off my bed and began to walk to the door.

"Wait!", I had fought the urge to stop him but it just slipped out. I walked over to him and touched his hair. He chuckled and removed my hands from his hair.

"Normally people ask to touch other peoples hair"

"Can I?", he nodded and i went back to touching it.

It was so soft and the curls were perfect. I told him walk with me as he sat on the edge of the bed and I sat behind him. I started playing with his hair and massaging his soft scalp. I put my nose towards the ends of his hair and smelled it. Yea I know its weird but you cant tell me you wouldn't do it. It smelled like my shampoo and conditioner. I smiled thinking of him in only a towel. I moved the dirty thought out of my head.

"Can you braid?"

"Yeah why?"

"Braid it", I raised my eyebrows, and shrugged my shoulders as I began braiding his hair.

---

"Thanks", he smiled, touching the braids.

"No problem", I smirked.

"You look like Sean Paul", a voice said. My head shot towards my door. The boy with braids said coming in my room getting comfortable on the couch.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused on why he was in here at 12:30am. "Why are you in here?", I asked.

"To see what all the "ahh's and ooh's" were about", he smirked. Jacob chuckled.

"She braids tight"

"Sorry about that", I said rubbing my arm.

"Ooh you made her shy Jacob", The guy with braids smirked. I looked at him and gave a "nigga please" look. "So, do you have a boyfriend, Ms. Kanai", Braids said.

I felt Jacob tense up as I turned to Braids. "Whats your name?"

"Rayan, but everyone calls me Ray."

"Well, Ray. No, I killed him"