chapter twenty

---Jacob---

I danced-moved through the hot, hungry crowd of women and men,dressed in the theme color for tonight. I'm trying my hardest to handle myself because there is many, many fine women in here. I climbed out of the crowed and made my way to the bar, Kanai was standing there with a female who looked familiar.

She was leaning against the bar counter with a glass of alcohol her hand. I walked up to her and the female she was with was my best friend, Rachel. When Rachel turned around she took another glance and her face brightened up, she hugged me. She was dressed in a black dress as well and some red bottom heels.

"Hey Jacob, this is Kanai, Kanai this is Jacob", She said smiling using her hands to introduce us. Kanai took a glance at me before taking a sip of her alcohol

"I know who-", Kanai cuts me off, not looking at me.

"That's my boyfriend", she said bluntly "Wait that's my boyfriend", she repeated herself, moving the glass of alcohol behind her back. I walked passed Rachel and stood in front of Kanai. I was looking down at her and she was looking up at me smiling nervously as if I didn't see her with the alcohol.

"Hand it over", I demanded rolling my eyes. She slowly took it from behind her back and handed it to me with shame. I put it on the counter and looked at her ,disappointed.

"Jacob, it was only 1 drink", She pleaded.

"You mean the 5th drink, which I'm actually surprised you haven't blown up yet", Rachel said laughing making it seem like a joke, she quickly stopped laughing when Kanai slowly turned her head towards Rachel and jumped towards her. I pulled her back before and told Rachel bye.

I carried her to the front door and put her down at the entrance. "Were going home", I said pointing to the car, because grabbing her arm will cause more trouble. She started pouting and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't want to leave", She whined, pouting.

"Lets go", I demanded. I started walking towards the car with her following behind.

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? Why you gotta be so rude?", she sang behind me.

I turned towards her and she instantly stopped and she stood up straight. I slowly turned back around and got inside the car. She slammed her car door shut and pulled out a vaporizer cigarette. I was going to take it but instead she pulled out a box out of her purse and opened it. She pulled out another one but it was green. She had these bottles of liquid and she looked at me.

"What flavor? I got you 5. Red gummies, peach, strawberry, rock star, and porn star", she said.

"Porn star?", I asked her.

"Yea, its a flavor, but I've never tried it.", she said smiling.

"Strawberry", I said stopping at a red light.

She twisted off the mouth part of the vapor and shook the little bottle with a strawberry label on it. She filled the tank half way before closing it and twisting the top of the vapor on. She tapped the button 5 times and it flashed.

"OK for it to work make sure your finger is over this button",she said putting her finger on the button. She handed it to me and I looked at it before putting it to my lips and inhaling the sweet, tangy, sour flavor of strawberries. I exhaled it and pushed on the gas. As the smoke started building up in the car I let the windows down. I began making a pattern, inhaling and exhaling.