chapter fourteen

He let them in.

"May we speak to Kanai", One police officer asked walking in with his hands on his waist while the other police officer handed him a paper and searched the house. "Uh, there is no Kanai here", Chres lied to them, straight face no sign of lying. I slowly closed my door making sure it didn't seem suspicious. I locked it and started walking to the window then I looked back and Jacob and just stared at him . "What you thinking bout Kanai", Jacob asked me, snapping me back into reality. " I have to go Jacob", I said as I sat on the window seal and  jumped landing on my feet like a cat. I heard foot steps coming from the front of the house.

I quietly ran to the back of the house. I looked at the back of the house and spotted a sliding glass door that was open. I ran towards it and bumped my head on the glass. I put my hands on my head and knocked on the window. I saw a figure in the kitchen, I looked threw the glass putting my hands on the sides of my face blocking the sun. Chres was laughing and walking towards the glass door. Unlocking it then letting me in." You looked like those zombies in "I am Legend" with Will Smith", he said. I stepped in and mugged him. He laughed slowly stopped and he cleared his throat. "That wasn't funny", I said rubbing my head gain and sitting down at the table with my head down. I heard the glass door and footsteps being entered threw the kitchen. " Chresanto who's this", the police officer asked in a familiar tone.

"My younger sister Kanasanto (kanah-santo)",Chres said making up one of those names they do with couples. "Oh ok, what wrong with her", he asked. "She's sleep", Chres said. "Mm", the Officer agreed suspiciously.  "Wait she's sleep, and her head hurts", Chres said coming towards me and trying to put my head up. I pushed him off of me and mugged him, he put his hands up in surrender and I moved my thick bangs out of my face and put my head back down.

"Kanai I know its you", the voice said sitting next to me at the table. I refused to be tricked, so I stayed in my place. "Kanai, its Haven", he said. That's the voice I was trying to connect. I lifted my head up and looked at him. I was pissed, I'm guessing he knows I'm a killer and he had the nerve to show up at my house. A nigga could have told me that he was a police. "What do you want", I said probably burning a hole into his soul, cause of my harsh voice. "I just wanted to go on a-", I cut him off. "Hell no, I'm already looking at someone. So if you may exit the house", I said even more harsh and with a smile on my face. "Fine, I didn't even like you anyways with your  ugly ass self. I might as well turn you in Kanai", he threatened me. None of his bitching phased me but the fact he would turn me in instantly caught my attention. He called his partner so they can leave.

---< means different POV

Taking the piece of metal out of my pants and pointing it at Haven. The metal from the barrel glinted brightly into his eyes, I could see it. I could feel his adrenaline coursing through his veins. A noise that covers death and destruction. The sound of the gunshot broke the air in stark contrast to the reality around me. Haven fell to the ground making a loud thump. The burgundy foul smelling liquid came out of him and spilling onto the marble floor. Another ear piercing sound ringed threw my ears as I shot the other police officer. I felt a presence on the left side of me, and that presence wasn't a good one. I turned to see her with her hands over her mouth. I've never killed someone in front of her. But what he said to her just made my adrenaline rise off the roof.

"Chresanto!", Kanai yelled at me "Good job", she said smiling. The boys came running down the stairs because of the gunshots. There eyes stuck onto the dead body then looked at me. "What the hell man!", Rayan yelled. "He was going to turn Kanai in", I said calmly. "Ok? So!", Elijah said. Kanai ran towards him and brutally kicked him up the stairs into a room where we heard screams, broken glass, and walls breaking. Elijah escaped within 7 minutes. He was a bloody, bruised, limping hard, and crying. This nigga is really crying. "Why didn't yall help me", he whined out of his busted lips.