chapter eighteen

"Like what", I asked looking at Jacob eating a salad. "They sell salads here?", I asked him. "I dont know, I went next door to Chipotle to get this", he said taking another bite of his salad bowl.

"Um, I still have information to tell you", Craig said getting my attention. I looked towards him and nodded. "Do you know you have a chip in your shoulder?", he asked me. I nodded. "Do you know", he asked nodding towards Jacob. "Yea, I saw them put it in me", Jacob said.

"Well I think they're trying to kill you two.", Craig said.  "What makes you think that?", I asked him. " I overheard Dre talking to Kayla about killing "them", and I think "them", means you two, because yall are the highest in the division.", Craig said with a worried look on his face. I looked at him like he was over exaggerating.

"How can they kill us if they put the chip in our shoulder", I asked. "Kanai, the chip is like a ghost possessing you. They can kill you by turning it off, thats how much power it has over your body", he said. I'm so confused anyone else?

"So basically they want to kill us for no reason", I said glaring at him.

"No, I feel like it has something to do with jealousy but I don't know why", he said. "You're lying", I said glaring at him. "I'm not I swear on my life", he said putting his hands up in surrender as I had the gun to his temple.

"You know I hate liers, I can feel the heat coming off of you", I said getting heated myself. "Kanai why would I lie to you", he asked. "You sound stupid".

I started asking myself what was I talking about, why would Craig lie to me? He's my best friend, he's not even showing the signs of lying. I slowly put my gun down and sat down. "Sorry, I- I just-", he cut me off.

"Its ok, but next time calm down, you need to realize that people will become jealous of your relationship, trust me", he said, I nodded and he continued to talk. "But, you guys need to beware just incase something is out of order", he said getting up and throwing his food away and setting the tray on top of the trash can. Wasteful.

I lost my appetite and threw my food away. I sat back down and watched Jacob finish his food. Once he finished we left and made our way home. The drive home was filled of silence, awkwardness, and shock. Jacob was on his phone not processing what he just received. Pulling into the driveway lights were on in the living room. We walked up to the door and unlocked it walking inside to see my mom and Aunt Keisha talking on the couch.

"Where the hell have you been", My mom asked me.

"Out", I said with an attitude making my way upstairs.

"We decided that you could stay, since you are old enough.", My mom said standing from the couch.

All the way upstairs I ran down them and jumped into her arms and hugged her around her neck. I started kissing her soft plush cheek multiple times. Jacob joined the hug and it just got awkward because he was hugging her back and my butt. "Aye, move the hand son", My dad said walking into the living room with a coconut and a straw.

I let go of my mom and hugged my dad. My dad was a 6'4 chunk of brown muscles and Aloha Pumehana (Warm love, affection). My mom on the other hand was evil,strict, 5'0 chunk of tan bones, but also filled with money and love or what my mom says "Tiền bạc và tình yêu".

"Did you give her the D or nah", I whispered in my dads ear while hugging him.

"You're welcome, Nai", he said agreeing that he did. I smiled.

"Mahalo, aloha nui loa", (thank you, with much love) I said pulling away from the hug.

"Iakopa, boy come here we need to talk", My dad said calling Jacob.

"Dad his name is Jacob, say it in English", I whispered to him as I pushed Jacob towards him. They walked into the kitchen to talk, I just hope my dad doesn't kill him.

---

"So what did yall talk about", I asked Jacob as I climbed on my bed, and he closed the door.

"Nothing much, just about you", he said tiredly but slightly annoyed, putting his phone on silent then setting it on my dresser.

"Tell me", I said as he sat at the end of the bed taking his clothes off, preparing for bed. "Tell me, please", I pleaded crawling towards him kissing his jaw.

"Stop", he said rudely, taking his pants off. I got off of the bed and stood in front of him. He sat up and I climbed into his lap and pushed him backwards onto the bed. I kissed him then looked at his lips then at his eyes.

"Dont give me attitude", I said pointing to him with my middle finger, index finger following, and my thumb in the air. I turned his head and I lightly kissed his cheek and blew on his cheek. He laughed and tried to push my off of him but I wasn't moving. I stopped for a second and let him take a few breaths then I went back to regular kissing him.

He was laughing. "So you happy now?", I asked smiling. He grinned and wrapped his hand around my waist and sat up then stood up, I screamed a little thinking that he was going to drop me. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly but, not too tight. He turned off the light and gently walked towards the bed. He laid me down first and laid on top of me. I tried to move him but once I heard him lightly snoring I gave up and stopped trying to fight him. I moved him to the side, he was heavy. I got up and changed into some fuzzy shorts and a tank top. I climbed back into bed and cuddled with my Alpaca, if that makes since, because of his hair, or should I stick to Prince? I need to find him a nickname.

---

My eyes fluttered open as the the rays of sun lightened up my room. I sat up and realized how cold it was. I slipped on my black moccasins and looked around the room trying to find a jacket of some sort. I found Jacob's Misfits Hoodie and threw it on. I walked down every other stair and walked towards the kitchen. I grabbed a pan and put in on the lower right burner aka my favorite burner.

I cooked eggs, bacon, bacon pancakes, and regular pancakes. I sat my food on the table and went to get some orange juice. Who puts orange juice on the top shelf? I stood on my toes and tried to reach for it. A burning sensation in my lower right cheek and I turned around and punched whoever smack my butt, without looking to see who it was.

"Ow", Jacob laughed. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, I frowned and pointed to the orange juice. He grabbed it and gave it to me, I snatched it away from him and went over to the cup cabinets. I couldn't reach them either and I am banned from climbing the counters.

Jacob had a cup in his hand and I took it away from him and poured me a glass of orange juice. Once I poured what I needed I gave the orange juice to Jacob and I grabbed my cup and sat at the table where my food is gone, and I know exactly who took it.

I ran up the stairs and swung his door open, he was sitting there eating my food and watching netflix like there was no problem. He handed me the plate which was empty. I looked at it and my adrenaline started rising quickly. I threw the plate against his headboard. "I was over here cooking like a slave and you're over here eating my damn food!", I said.

"You need to clean this up", he said getting up

"Since when were you boss?", I asked him then I walked back downstairs and Jacob drunk all of my orange juice.

"Really?!", I asked him. He looked at me like he was clueless then back at the drink and realized what I was talking about, he smirked and handed me the cup.

Sorry", he said smiling.

"She will be sorry", Elijah said walking out of the kitchen. What the hell did he mean by "she will be sorry"?