chapter four

My heart pumped at a particular speed as I gradually slowed down to a walking pace as I began to slow down. I breathed heavily as I began to come to a halt. I looked at my wrist where my pedometer was and nodded as I began walking over to the boys who stopped 2 miles before I got done.

They all sat still breathing heavily and gulping down Gatorade and Powerade. I grabbed my water off of the bench they sat at and took one huge gulp before going onto the mats they had outside and began doing push ups, sit ups, crunches, and burpies. I haven't done cardio since I last left California.

"Kanai, you can stop!", The boy with an afro yelled at me. Yea, I still don't know who is who, or what there names are. I believe Keisha told me once this week and I must had forgot.

I glared at him and then rolled my eyes. Once I turned over my shoulder his fellow peers began laughing. Let me tell you this boy has been annoying me all week like taking my spot at the table or, using my hair products for his hair, oh or even using my bathroom because "it smells good".

Once I was done I walked over to him and held my hand out. He looked at me in confusion before rolled my eyes. "The keys, dumbass", he looked in his pockets before handing me the keys, I smiled as to say "thank you" then I turned on my heel and began walking with my water towards the front of the building towards the parking lot.

"Dont forget to pick us up", he said. I nodded before speeding my pace up so they wouldnt catch up. I know damn well I aint coming back for them. He should know well too. They have money they can call the security man and have him pick them up.

Once I got to the side of the building I felt a presence and turned around. "Stop staring", I yelled at the boys who were eyeing my ass. They started looking around as if nothing happened.

When I got home I ran up to my room and grabbed some shorts and a tank top from my drawer. Pulling out my underwear drawer and saw a note, I unfolded it.

Cute panties, but meet me @ the pool @ 10pm

-2wice

Who the fuck is 2wice and why the hell is he in my mother fucking drawer? I wish Khalil was still here because he would beat the shit out of who ever is 2wice. I ignored the note and walked into my bathroom. I turned the shower on and began to set my clothes onto the counter before my phone went off. "Out of Area" popped up on the screen.

"Hello?", I asked

"This is a collect call from an inmate at the Twin Towers Corectional Facility, would you like to accept? Press 1. Block? Press 2. Dont except? Press 5." I instantly pressed one confused on who is in jail calling me.

"Kanai, babe" Khalil said on the other line.

"Khalil? Why are you in jail?"

"I-I need the address to your aunts house." he said

"Nah, Ill pick you up-

"NO! I-I mean, yea okay", he said. I hung up and grabbed my purse and my gun and I ran downstairs. Forgetting about the shower. I grabbed these keys that I had sat on the counter earlier. I ran outside getting into the car driving off towards the jail.

Since I didnt need to bail him out we walked to the car hand in hand. Once we got in Khalil took a sigh before looking at me nervously as I began to back out of the parking lot. "Drive faster.", he growled looking uneasy.

"Wha-

"I said step on the damn gas Kanai and do it now!", he yelled. I looked at him confused before hearing the police alarms go off behind me. I slammed onto the gas and began speeding down the street. I feel like Letty from Fast and Furious (R.I.P Paul Walker).

Being that im considered a "criminal" the police decide lets chase her down on a perfectly good day. I recongized the car I was driving which was a SRT Charger Hellcat. Traffic crowded all around us the farther I got onto this street. I looked ahead as police began setting up spikes so the tires could pop. I instantly turned around in a circle nearly tipping the car over and went east onto a back road. Having less than half a tank makes me worried on if we will even make it.

This vehicle might drive fast but it takes up alot of gas.

Khalil began yelling and panicking he grabbed onto my arm pulling it down which sent us towards a house on the side of the rode. We ram into the house and people in the bulding looked at us crazily. I punched Khalil's side telling him to "fuck off" before putting the car into reverse and began driving back down a different main street. 

Feeling distressed about this whole thing makes me wonder why Khalil was in the police station anyways. Since I didnt need to bail him out. How could the police have known that I was here, my head was covered the whole time, no eye contact involved. Now, If I had planned to get into a car chase I would had at least had my tank filled completely. Khalil tried to tell me directions on where to go but it would only lead me to facing the cops, so I basically ignored him the whole time. 

As I continued to roll down the street pedestrians decided to walk across the street. I honked my horn multiple times letting them know I was coming but you know there had to be that one dumbass who wants to observe everything and decide to end his life by getting hit by this car so, I granted his wish by running him over, accidentally.

Once I got to a street I recognized I made a sharp turn and began on another set of backstreets. These backstreets arent long streets and there are alot of them so you could get lost easily. I quickly turn down another road, preparing myself to be home free. But then, that's when it hit me, I was screwed. Police cars began to come out of no where and began to chase me surrounding me.

Other cars on the neighborhood street got out of their parking spaces and frove infront of me, not directly but to the sides. I saw as both cars hood window opened and two girls popped out. They had guns and began shooting behind me causing most of the police officers cars to crash into eachother. I laughed as I drove behind the two cars infront of me. I thanked them by doing the sign for headquarters and turned onto a dirt road. I drove until I found a wide open space for me and Khalil.

I parked the car and got out along with Khalil. We walked over the the prarrie and held hands. He smiled at me as I turned around, his smile instantly dropped once he realized I had a 9mm to his temple.

"I know you told them Khalil. How? Well if you were to go to jail you would need to be bailed out. I know they bribed you into ratting me out so you can be free. Huh? Am I right or am I not?", he stared at me with guilt and sorrow.

"Just shoot me, I deserve it", he said.

"You dont deserve it, this is just how I punish people. See look, im sorry, I have to. Next time don't try to turn me in, oh wait there wont be a next time.", I said letting a tear fall down my cheek as I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.