chapter nine

I sat on the window seat with curly damp hair, staring out of the window once he came back into his room.

"Here eavesdropper", he threw me my phone.

"Care to explain?"

"About?", he began making his bed.

"How you know Dre and why you couldn't tell me I kissed you?", he stopped what he was doing and stood up glaring at me. He shrugged his shoulders raising his eyebrows, going back to making his bed.

"Dre is my boss. I began working for him the second I turned 13. I needed a job to support my mother and no other jobs were hiring 13 year olds. And i was getting paid full time for only being there from 3-9. Whats your story?", he threw the last pillow on the bed.

"Its too long to say."

"Tell me a summary", he sat onto the bed.

"Well, my brother he- he. Nevermind i dont feel like talking about it now", I looked out of the window trying to fight the tears.

"Okay, well how many siblings do you have?"

"Thats random but, 7 and Im 8. The baby as always", I rolled my eyes.

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"Why all the questions?"

"Just answer them", he was so serious about it.

"My dad is a drug lord lowkey, but he's an attorney. I don't believe my mom ever worked after having 8 of us running around."

"Name your siblings with ages."

"Um okay. Kanai,17. Ailani, 20. Kahale, 21. Kai, 23. Kyrsten, 24. Kamron, 26. Kylynn, 32. And Kryen, 37."

"Why is Ailani the only A name?"

"She has a different dad from the rest of us."

"Then how come your name is a K?"

"My mom cheated on my dad.", I said like it was nothing.

"Ohh", he nodded.

---

After an hour he was still asking questions.

"So is there a killing you ever regret?" He asked as I had gotten comfortable laying next to him.

"Yea, I had killed this guys' girlfriend right in front of him. He had an afro like yours. But, I still regret it to this day.

"Uh when was this." He asked like he was gaining an attitude about nothing.

"About 4 years ago.", he got up and walked out of the room slamming the door. "Jacob!", I yelled after him. I walked to the stairs balcony watching him grab his keys and walk out. I honestly dont know what I did.

I ran downstairs and outside to see him backing out. I ran up to the car opening the door. His head shot towards me with anger written on his face.

"What did I say?" I asked.

"Move."

"Not until-"

"If you dont move I wont have a problem driving over you.", on the knside that slunded hilarious but coming out of his mouth to me was a weird feeling. I closed the door and stepped back as he drove away quickly.

--Flashback--

I hesitated on pulling the trigger but I pulled it anyways watching Shaun's unloyal hoe ass girlfriend fall to the ground and the boy that was at the door in front of her crying and yelling for help. He looked back at my car, we made eye contact for a split second before I looked away, he struggled to pull out his phone and dial 911.