A Blaze

I was in complete shock, I had no idea that she was watching!  Oh My God!  this couldnt be happening!

" I.......uh." I had no idea what to say

" I..... Uh, stop stalling!  I definitely saw you!"

Claire then gestured to my arm

" Take the jacket off."

NO WAY IN A MILLION YEARS I WOULD TAKE OFF MY JACKET!  but, I owed it to Claire. I've been hiding this for way too long. From a lot of people...

I took off my jacket and I was wearing a inch tank top that said CA. She could my Sapphire Dragon Symbol.

I was dead meat

she looked at me and said...

" I knew it"

Claire looked at my arm for what seemed like for ever. Finally I decided to lie again, there was no way she was going to know that I was a Dragon Gem!

"Ok, you got me, I got a tattoo without my parents permission.  I'm sooooo sorry." I tried to say

I'm not a very good actress

Why? Why! Every friend I have made, has always left me and now I'm pretty sure Claire is going to too.

I started to cry, I didn't want to lose Claire! She is one of my closest friends!

" Sapphire, don't cry. I know that's not a tattoo.  This might be a little hard to explain, but my family is the creator of the Dragon Gem. I've known from the start."

Claire was what? Wait.... I'm turning old! I probably just heard the wrong thing.

" What? I don't think i heard you right, you said your family's the Creator of the dragon gem? What the heck! That's so random! Say it again. I probably heard wrong." I said leaning toward her and cupping my ear, trying to hear.

" Its true." she said looking down at her shoes

I was shocked and felt sick to my stomach. I usually don't feel like this. I'm sad, confused, and I don't know what to do. I'm lost.

After I calmed down she told me to come to her house after school and she would explain everything. I hoped she was right.

Thank God I was sent home for the day, but later this day I had to go to Claire's to figure everything out.

>>>>><<<<<

I walked over to Claire's house after the school day was over for her and I needed to know what was going on.

"Hi." I say to Claire

"Hey girly, come in." Claire gestures for me to come inside

We went into the closet, which I thought was weird. But she did some sort of knock and a smaller door opened.

We were forced to crawl until we made it to what seemed to be a secret room. I reminded me about the bat cave some how. Ya this is completely normal! Everyone has a secret bat cave in there house! Yup, just really really normal...

it was indeed dark, but had a table for 8 in the center of the cramped room, and a giant projector was above our heads.

" take a seat girl, I'll explain every thing." said Claire in a very calming voice

I sat, as instructed and watched as a PowerPoint was brought to life.

" Ok, Sapphire. I'm pretty sure you are aware of being a Dragon Gem. So this is my family's side of the story."

Claire flipped through some slides and stopped at a picture of me, Emily, garnet, TJ, and two other people who I didn't know.

" These are the first Dragon Gems. And they look exactly like you, that's because no mater what generation,  or time zone,  you will always look like you. But basically,  my family was one of the first family's on the earth and this was when we had no idea what magic could do. My many Great Grandfather ago found a stone called Iolite.  it is a very rare gem and he combined it with Sapphire,  Tigers eye, Emerald,  Garnet, Citrine,  and Topaz."

Claire flipped the slide to reveal the Dragon gem.

" Later, he created a metal mode in the form of a mystical sun. As he finished the amulet he decided to name it the Multi-Gem, but today,  to use we call it the Dragon Gem because of the mark it leaves on the 6 different kids in one family. Those 6 kids contains one weapon created from the power of balancing the universes most destructive powers. Your is lightening."

I had no idea that the Jewels family contained so much power.

Wait a minute.....

" Did you say kids, like adults can't have the powers? " I asked hoping I was wrong

Claire shook her head up and down.

>>>>>> flashback<<<<<<

" Mama, Daddy. Since I'm turning 6, can you tell me what my power is?" I asked so innocently

My parents looked at each other and my Daddy started to talk

" Uhhh. Baby we know your power will be amazing, but maybe if we tell you our power then you could figure out yours."

My father started to talk again

" Your Mamas power is the power of a warm and loving heart. My power is to control the family with my commands."

I thought for a while, but after I gave up I decided to try looking on the Internet like any normal kid would do.

>>>>> flashback ended<<<<<

I have been lied to when I was almost 6! God! what else do I not know! My parents don't have those 2 powers, so who does!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I stood up very abruptly and crawled out of the small, compacted room and started to run to where ever my legs would take me. tears ran down my face and they felt like acid. I kept hearing Claire's constant screams, screaming my name fading of into the distance.

I ended up at the local park and no one was around.

when we first moved here I used to always come her and play with my siblings. And when I was upset I snuck out of the house and climbed my favorite tree. I cried for hours and hours until i decided one day I was not going to feel like this again. from that day on I contained my emotions until middle school.

My emotions were coming back

I climbed the tree once again and looked at the pitch black sky leaning against the tree. how long was I at Claire's?

This spot was my place where I could escape it all.

As I stopped shedding tears I started to think. who were those 2 guys in the picture, I think Claire said we were siblings or something.

" Sapphire? " a voice says behind me

I turn around and I see someone I didn't want to see

Toby