Whats a Normal Life? Not This One!

I was so surprised when I said this to myself because I Love middle school!

its the 3rd week of middle school and we are starting to do a vocabulary program in Mr. Jets L.A. class. He introduced it to us and he also told us there is a new student joining us from Florida.

The new student stood up and His name was Toby. He had an Australian accent and short and spiky brown hair. It was strange though, he looked like someone I saw from the rebel realm. Oh well, I could never know for sure.

He stared at the teacher for awhile and the teacher told him to sit next to the empty seat next to me!

"Hey mate" said Toby in a very calm voice

"Sup, I'm Sapphire." I said trying to be cool

So much for cool...

*Ring ring*

Lunch time. Finally. I was about to step outside the door and Mr. Jet called me to his desk.

" Sapphire,  if you do me a favor... ill give you an A on your next assignment." said Mr. Jet desperately.

"OK!" I sorta yelled

"Could you please spend the day with Toby?  he's my nephew and I want him to make some friends." said Mr. Jet

"That's perfectly fine Mr. Jet."

Me and Toby walk down the hall and we started to talk. Man this guy is hilarious! I introduce him to Claire and we all just clicked.

I didn't care if basically everyone in the school was staring at me, I HAD FRIENDS! I cant believe my wish finally came true. And even if its for one day, one day is enough for a lifetime to me.

>>>>><<<<<

A few weeks have past since I've meet Toby. I, for once in my life felt like a normal girl. With friends and everything!

We could trust each other, and we knew so much about each other!  Usually once a day we would play a game called 2 truths and 1 lie. The game is simple....

- you tell 1 lie and 2 true things about yourself and your friends have to figure out which one is the lie

- have fun :D

See, its very simple. For once in my life I was normal! But that could all change in a snap. Oh well, I shouldn't be thinking about that anyways.

I was walking to my locker to pick up my poster board for Since class and a note dropped onto the ground. I opened it and it read...

Meet me in the tennis courts at the back of the school, I need to tell you something. IMPORTANT!

- Emily

Oh, my sister needs something from me, that's the first.

She grew up very independent and very secretive.  We never talked normally unless we had to, like for emergencies. It is pretty sad, actually my sister always has an addiction to go to the community garden every since we moved to California. Like she has never skipped a single day in her life where she hasn't  gone to that garden! Its CRAZY! But when she was little, Mom use to say how Emily was like a little duckling following her every where.

She was now in her first year in high school, what did she need to tell me? Or in fact why did she need me?!?!?

I wanted to talk to my sister, so I followed the instructions on the note and went to the tennis courts after school.

>>>>><<<<<

I set down my backpack and walked to where I saw a shadow in the corner of the court. I tapped her shoulder and as she turned around, it was not Emily.

It was Ruby

OH GOD! Not again!

The weird bird call was sent and rebels came out of the shadows. I was surrounded.

Oh my dear lord, please help me. PLEASE! 

I cant fight! even though I have been training,  I was training to control my power. Not to enforce my power.

My mind was going insane!  should I try kicking them? should I look for a gap in there legs and run? should I just stand here like I'm doing now? Gah!

it felt like my brain was going to explode! I guess my brain was over whelmed,  so I fell backwards.  I could see what was happening,  but I couldn't move my body.

I look up and see rebels surrounding my face, then all of a sudden 2 of the rebels surrounding me was out of my sight. Then 3. Then 5.

I barley lifted my head up and I could see Toby beating up everyone. Wow, hes practically saving me right now!

My head flops back again and I watch the sky pass by. As my eyes began to shut Toby whispered something to me, but I couldn't make it out.  I drifted away to my dream world and its like my life flashing before my eyes and in the last scene of my life, I died.

I wake up gasping for breath and Toby was right beside me.

" Hey mate, How you doing? "  said Toby

I knew I couldn't say a lot because I felt weak so the only thing I said was,

"Thank you." my eyes shut for the second time.

>>>>><<<<<

I woke up the second time in my room and Claire was next to my bed. I was safe and all thanks to Toby.

*edited*