Good Friends

"So you two are good friends, huh?" John was sitting on the couch, grinning as he got to know more about the additions to the family. Gabriel was glaring at Sam, fuming with outrage as Sam had once again introduced him as his "friend". And not to a stranger, but his own father? Gabe would never have done so to Sam. Sam tried to ignore it all, trying to think clear. If only Gabe would have thought with a clearer mind, he would have heard Sam's prayers. He was very suspicious of the man in front of him. If he really was their dad, how did he come back? And if not, who was he?

And then Dean and Castiel came into the room. Castiel was focused on John so he sat first next to Gabe. And Dean sat next to John. Before either of then could speak, Gabe did. "This is Castiel, sir. My brother. He's an angel, and a very good friend of Dean and Sam too." He said. Cas and Dean both frowned. And Sam sighed. John smiled and shook Castiel's hand. Cas held onto John's hand a little too long, staring deep into his eyes.

"Well I'm hot, son. But I don't think I'm that much of an eye candy." John laughed and quickly fell back to the couch. Cas looked to Dean who was also chuckling. In fact, Cas was the only one who was neither smiling nor laughing. Cas faked a smile as well.

"So you two live here at the bunker?" John asked, looking around. Sam had already explained him about how they were the lineage of the Men Of Letters and how this bunker was an inherited facility.

And again, Gabe spoke up before anyone else could. "Cassie does, I only came for sometime. I'll leave as soon as my services are not required." And that hint of formality in his tone gave up how angry he was.

Sam could obviously not understand as to what the need was to overreact every time over such a minuscule thing. He gave Gabriel a stern look and Gabe just smiled. Dean and Cas could feel the tension rising. So Dean decided to chime in, "Aren't you hunrgy, dad? Let's go eat first." He suggested.

"Oh I'm starving. It's been years." He chuckled and got up, going to the kitchen. Sam grabbed Gabe's hand and dragged him to their room. He walked in the lead and when they got there, Dean went to get the stuff from the fridge while Cas stood in front of John.

"How did you know the way to the kitchen?" Cas asked, and Dean had too just realised that John had lead the way.

"Honestly, son. It's just a straight path. Where else could have I turned?" He laughed and Cas gave Dean a look. Dean nodded but continued making burgers.

***

"Let go of me!" Gabe hissed and shook free his hand from Sam as they closed the door to their room.

"What the hell Gabe? Why do you have to make such a huge deal out of everything?" Sam looked down at Gabe, annoyed.

"Because you're fucking embarrassed of me! Or should I rather say yourself hmm? The handsome, tall, strong and oh-so muscular Sam Winchester fucking with a guy? Pshh. And let alone a guy like me." Gabe looked away. His breaths were fast, he was clearly mad at Sam.

"Well then if for once, for fucking once if you stopped acting like a baby I would be less embarrassed of such an attention seeker!" Sam almost yelled, pointing at Gabe as if he was some kind of an object.

Gabe let out a sad chuckle. "Right. As if someone like you know what being a baby is called. I mean, I don't blame you, Sam. Your mother did leave with yellow-eyes creating a whole fiery drama to cover it up. Now I get it. Your bitch side came from your mothe-" and before he could complete his sentence, he found himself on the floor. Sam had punched him, and now he was on top of him.

"How dare you." He growled and punched him two more times till the blood started oozing out of his nose and lip. He got up and looked down at Gabe in filth, who was still in shock. "If you wanted me to be nothing but a slut who'd follow you around and do how you pleased, then surprise bitch. You were wrong." He barked and bolted out of the room.

***

"Where's Gabe?" Cas asked, looking up at Sam as he entered the kitchen.

"He was tired. Probably sleeping." He said nonchalantly, sitting down at the table.

"But I made his plate." Dean said.

"He's all stocked up on candy, no need." He said.

Dean sighed and put Gabe's plate in the fridge. He set the plates in front of them and sat down as well. They started eating, John asking about everything from hunting to their personal lives. Sam stayed mostly silent throughout, Dean talking the most.

And then they heard a gunshot.

☺☻Vote and Comment☻☺